50 Positive Workout Affirmations To Affirm Your Strength
Mindset is key when it comes to working out, and these positive workout affirmations are designed to empower and motivate you before, during, and after your workout! Below, discover 50 positive workout affirmations to affirm your undeniable strength, power, and resilience. Plus, learn how to overcome “gymtimidation” so you can step into the gym with courage and confidence.
Positive Workout Affirmations
Want to skip straight to the affirmations? Click here. Or skip ahead to learn about seven powerful ways for overcoming “gymtimidation” here!
If you’ve ever set out to start a consistent exercise routine, you know that the hardest part of the workout often isn’t physical; it’s your own mental barriers that can hold you back from reaching the success you’re capable of achieving.
I’ve run one full marathon and four half marathons. I’ve gone on hikes that required me to climb thousands of feet of elevation. I’ve lifted weights I didn’t think I could lift, and I’ve stretched and moved my body in ways I didn’t think was possible.
And while clearly, my body played an integral role in achieving these feats, I needed more than just my body to get me through the longest miles and toughest climbs; I needed that voice in my mind repeating over and over again, yes I can.
On the flip side, I’ve also abandoned runs a mile or two in because my brain just couldn’t get into it, even when I felt rested and strong. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stopped in the middle of a set or skipped stretching, just because I didn’t feel like it.
Know that I’m not judging myself for these moments, because they were all powerful learning experiences. I know that consistency always beats perfection, so it’s okay to be imperfect sometimes as long as I keep growing and showing up for myself as best as I can.
Mindset is key in all that we do, including working out. If I tell myself that I can’t run one more mile, then that becomes my truth, whether or not my body was actually capable of going farther.
I’ve found that reciting positive affirmations and empowering mantras to myself has been key in harnessing the power of my mindset when I work out. However, what I say to myself before my workout is different than what I say during my workout, and both are different from what I say after my workout.
So I’ve divided the affirmations below into pre-workout, during workout, and post-workout affirmations. The pre-workout affirmations are designed to empower you to show up and choose to exercise from a place of self-love and self-respect. The post-workout affirmations are to help you affirm that you absolutely did enough, no matter what, and also to gently remind you to prioritize rest and recovery.
You’ll notice that the affirmations that are designed for you to recite during your workout are a little shorter, and that’s because I’ve found that when I’m exercising, I tend be more motivated by short and punchy phrases than long sentences. They’re a lot easier to remember, too!
I encourage you to use these positive workout affirmations from a place of total love for yourself, knowing you are strong, powerful, and more than enough.
And be sure to stick around after the affirmations to discover seven powerful tips for overcoming “gymtimidation” and hitting the gym with confidence!
A Quick Note
Please know that the words above and the affirmations below are not meant to guilt you into working out, ESPECIALLY if your body is tired and needs rest and recovery time. Taking care of your body also means taking days off, getting enough sleep, and sometimes replacing your difficult workout with more gentle movement that feels good to you. Honor your body by listening to it and giving it the care it needs. If you’ve already carved out time to workout but know that you need to rest, I wholeheartedly recommend using the time to do a loving self-care practice that will realign the energy of your mind, body, and spirit.
- I honor my body by moving it in ways that feel good to me.
- My body craves exercise, and I give it what it wants.
- I am brimming with abundant energy and infinite vitality.
- I am worth the energy I dedicate to myself.
- Everything I put out, I gain back tenfold.
- I choose to be my own priority.
- Healthy living is a choice I make for my total wellbeing.
- I take care of my future by taking care of the present moment.
- I’m showing up for myself today, no matter what.
- I don’t have to be perfect; I just have to show up.
- I exercise because I love my body.
- I am so grateful for my resilient spirit that keeps going no matter what.
- I know that when I’m done, I’ll be so glad I started.
- I love to take care of myself and treat my body with the love it deserves.
- My body is capable of more than I can even imagine.
- I am filled with energy, passion, and vitality.
- Abundant energy flows freely to and through me.
- I am strong.
- I am powerful.
- I am resilient.
- I am incredible.
- I am pure magic.
- I’ve got this.
- I can do anything.
- I can achieve anything I want.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- There is nothing I can’t achieve.
- Strong is who I am.
- I can do hard things.
- When I show up, magic happens.
- I am worth it.
- I’m a powerful being and I can do anything I want.
- I can succeed. I will succeed.
- I can and I will.
- Yes, I can.
- Every step I took today made me stronger, tougher, and more resilient.
- I did enough.
- Even if it wasn’t perfect, it was enough.
- I give my body the rest and recovery it needs.
- I give myself permission to rest.
- I fuel my body with the healthy nutrients it needs to recover.
- I feel healthy, strong, and invigorated.
- Every day, I get stronger.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I am so grateful for my healthy body that gets stronger every day.
- I love this resilient heart of mine.
- I love my incredible body.
- I am beautiful. I am incredible. I am whole.
- I am so grateful that I showed up for myself today.
- I love myself fully, completely, and unconditionally. Always.
7 Ways To Boost Your Confidence At The Gym
Going to the gym can be a vulnerable experience. You might look around and think everyone else knows exactly what they’re doing, while you’re not even sure where to start. Maybe you even worry that other gym-goers are judging you.
This feeling of fear and anxiety about working out in front of others has been termed “gymtimidation.” If you struggle with this anxiety, you’re not alone. Many of the people you see confidently taking up space in the gym suffered from gymtimidation at one point, and maybe they still do, even if they don’t show it.
There are several ways to overcome your fears and hit the gym with confidence, which we’ll explore below.
- Stick To A Routine
Rather than going to the gym every once in a while, you’ll want to build trips to the gym into your daily routine. Stick to a schedule that works for you and visit the gym consistently in order to make exercise a healthy habit.
- Focus On Yourself
Oftentimes, anxiety at the gym results from worries about whether other people are judging you. However, it’s important to remember that the people around you are usually 100% focused on their own workouts. Let the fear of judgment melt away and concentrate on your own goals.
- Get Advice
If you don’t know how to perform a certain exercise or use a particular machine, ask a floor manager or a fitness trainer for advice. They’ll be able to give you quick guidance that will help you feel prepared and confident in your gym knowledge.
- Build Strength At Home
It can sometimes be easier to hit the gym when you’ve already learned the basics and built up strength. Try watching exercise tutorials at home and perfecting your form in the mirror. That way, you’ll feel more ready to hit the gym.
- Listen To Music
According to Scientific American, “Music distracts people from pain and fatigue” and “elevates mood.” Creating an empowering workout playlist can help you feel confident and stay focused when exercising at the gym. You can either choose from the variety of pre-made workout playlists available online or customize your own.
- Bring A Friend
Getting a workout buddy can make trips to the gym feel a lot less intimidating. This is because buddying up gives you a friendly face in an otherwise new and potentially intimidating environment. Your gym buddy can also help you stay accountable and crush your fitness goals.
- Find A Gym That Suits You
Make sure the gym you pick is one you genuinely enjoy. Especially if you’re new to the gym scene, you’ll want to choose a place with a supportive culture and plenty of equipment for a range of experience levels.
Joining a gym can be scary. However, these tips should help you build the confidence you need to meet your fitness goals.
Looking for more inspiration to combat gym anxiety? Take a look at the infographic below for a summary of these tips and some additional information on how to crush gymtimidation.
What are your favorite workout affirmations? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below!
And for more resources on spirituality, meditation, manifestation, and all things self-love, be sure to connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, where I’m posting positive affirmations and empowering messages daily.
More Affirmations for You
- 30 Affirmations For Overcoming Procrastination
- 33 Positive Affirmations To Embrace The True You
- 45 Goal Affirmations For Achieving Your Dreams
- 45 Sleep Affirmations For Peace, Gratitude & Manifestation
- 50 Positive Affirmations To Fall In Love With Yourself
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.