In this article, discover 50 positive affirmations to fall in love with yourself every single day. Plus, get tips on how to cultivate a mindset of unconditional self-love. And don’t forget to download your free PDF of these uplifting affirmations to save to your device or print to keep in your office or home.
How To Fall In Love With Yourself
I used to believe that the path to falling in love with myself would be a linear journey, and at the end of it, I’d discover the secret to deep, lifelong self-love.
What I’ve learned, though, is that this path is very much non-linear. There may be days when you feel like you’ve uncovered the secret to everlasting joy and love, and then one day, something happens, and you start to question everything you thought you knew. You may doubt yourself. You may wish you could change certain parts of you. And during these times, you may feel like you’ve taken a step back in your journey.
I was doing so well, you think. And now I’ve messed up and ruined it all.
But here’s the truth:
Those steps back? They aren’t steps back at all. They’re actually opportunities to move forward. When you encounter an experience that triggers something painful within, the Universe isn’t trying to hurt you or push you backwards on your path. It’s allowing you the opportunity to release old feelings and beliefs in order to grow.
These experiences also give you the chance to practice self-compassion. When you recognize negative energy within, instead of chastising yourself, you have the opportunity to say, “I see my pain. I see my fears. I recognize that I’ve made mistakes and that I don’t always react to situations as my highest self. And that’s okay. Because no matter what, I am still worthy of unconditional love and compassion.”
This path to falling in love with yourself isn’t paved in perfection.
It’s paved in compassion. In forgiveness. In honoring every part of you, both your light and your shadows.
Falling in love with yourself isn’t simply the destination you seek. It is the journey. It’s the path you walk upon. It’s the tiny things you do for yourself every single day. And it’s allowing yourself to believe that no matter what you do or don’t do, you are always worthy. Right now. Just as you are. Today and always.
More Affirmations for You
Practices For Falling In Love With Yourself
There is no single path to falling in love with yourself that will look the same for everyone. But here are some of the practices that may help you in your journey:
- Practice self-compassion daily.
- See yourself as an extension of the Universe: limitless, infinite, whole, eternal, and filled with unconditional love.
- Align with your highest self: the real and true you. This is the infinite, everlasting part of you that is unchanged by external circumstances and experiences. Your highest self knows the right path and often doesn’t operate in the logical mind but in the heart. Listen to the wisdom of this part of yourself.
- Practice accepting love from yourself and others, even you make a mistake.
- When you feel like you have no energy, don’t try to push forward anyway. Take a step back. In those moments, ask your soul what it needs. Then, pour it into yourself.
- Don’t suppress negative emotions. Allow them to flow within and through you. You can only release them by feeling your way through them. And sometimes, this requires breaking down, screaming, yelling, and allowing the tears to fall unapologetically.
- Meet yourself where you are now. Maybe you’re not where you want to be, but you can still love yourself right now as you continue to grow.
- Meditate. Journal. Practice stillness. Take long walks. Read. Stretch. But don’t do any of these things just because you feel like you should do them. Do what feels good to you. (And know that what feels good to you can change daily, and that’s okay.)
- Celebrate your small wins just as much as your big ones.
- Honor your heart. Honor your inner knowing. Honor the wisdom that exists within. No matter what someone else says, you’re the only one who ultimately knows what’s best for you.
Self-care is a vital part in showing yourself complete and unconditional self-love. To learn more about the benefits of self-care and how you can begin your own self-care routine, check out my article on the importance of self-care on skillandcare.com. You’ll also have the opportunity to download a free self-care checklist to help you create a well-rounded self-care routine personalized to you.
Affirmations To Fall In Love With Yourself
Below, you’ll find 50 positive affirmations to fall in love with yourself. As you incorporate these affirmations into your daily life, remember that it isn’t just about the words you’re saying; it’s about the feeling deep within. Allow yourself to feel the positive and loving words of each of these affirmations deep in your soul. For more tips on using affirmations to get the most out of them, I’ve created a how-to guide on using affirmations here.
- I choose to love myself exactly as I am.
- Who I am, exactly as I am, is truly beautiful.
- I love myself fully now as I continue to grow.
- I choose to love my imperfect self perfectly.
- I am beautiful, brilliant, and brave.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I am loved, honored, cherished, and seen.
- I am proud of my journey and how far I’ve come.
- I am competent, capable, and strong.
- I choose to love myself as deeply as I love others.
- I am worthy, inside and out.
- I deserve to be loved just as I am.
- I am joy, light, and pure positive energy.
- I am in charge of my own energy. I’m the only one who chooses how I feel.
- I release self-doubt and embrace unshakeable confidence and self-belief.
- I trust myself completely. The strength I need is within me.
- I believe I can be all that I want to be.
- I believe in myself and my ability to succeed.
- I have the right to shine and succeed.
- I am worthy of praise, adoration, and unconditional love.
- I am kind, generous, and compassionate with myself and others.
- I choose authenticity over perfection.
- I am glowing, ravishing, and radiant.
- My heart is open, loving, and pure.
- My love for myself is bold, fierce, and unconditional.
- I am enough, just as I am.
- My true self is a beautiful sight to behold.
- My true self shines brightly.
- I love, honor, and nurture both my shadows and my light.
- I love all parts of me equally.
- My body is a gift.
- My body is deserving of love.
- My body is capable of more than I can even imagine.
- My body is a powerful healer.
- My body always takes care of me.
- I am radiant when I smile.
- I lovingly nurture my mind, body, and spirit.
- I trust my body’s wisdom and listen when it speaks to me.
- When I look in the mirror, I love the strong and powerful person staring back at me.
- I am worthy, strong, powerful, courageous, and always enough.
- I am enough. I have always been enough. I will always be enough.
- I am magnificent.
- I am breathtaking.
- I am extraordinary.
- I am always deserving of love.
- I am learning how to fall in love with everything that I am.
- With every breath I take, I gain more confidence and self-belief.
- I am a being of love and light, and I fearlessly allow myself to shine.
- Everything I’m looking for I can find within me.
- When I’m caught in a rainstorm, I don’t wither; I bloom.
For more uplifting affirmations and self-love resources, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every morning. And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
More Blog Posts For You
- Free Affirmation Wallpaper: 35 Beautiful Designs
- 10 New Moon Rituals For Manifestation And Self-Love
- 44 Spiritual Growth Quotes For Your Spiritual Journey
- How To Release Limiting Beliefs (And Create New Beliefs)
- 33 Journal Prompts For Goal Setting And Future Planning
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.