In this article, discover 40 profound affirmations for letting go, moving forward, and embracing all parts of your journey. Let these affirmations guide you forward and help you to release what no longer serves you to make space for new beginnings.
These two words can bring up a lot of heavy and conflicting emotions, both positive and negative. On one hand, letting go represents an opportunity to move forward into a beautiful new beginning.
On the other hand, letting go may mean releasing something that’s been a profound part of your life – something you’re not quite sure you’re fully ready to release.
The reasons you might need to let go are numerous and far-reaching:
- Letting go of past relationships
- Letting go of control
- Letting go of a dream
- Letting go of pain
- Letting go of fear, anger, or another feeling that doesn’t serve you
- Letting go of the vision you once had for your future
- Letting go of a job, a home, or something else that’s been meaningful for you
- Letting go of the past, in all of its beautiful, sometimes heartbreaking messiness.
One reason why people sometimes have a difficult time letting go is that they believe this somehow lessens their past experiences. For instance, you might think that moving on from a past relationship means that the past relationship wasn’t important or meaningful.
But this isn’t true.
You can love, honor, and cherish all the memories of that past relationship while still moving forward. To honor the past, you don’t have to live in it. You can acknowledge what it meant to you – how important it was to you.
And you can keep moving forward.
You can keep dreaming of a beautiful future.
You can keep following your heart into an incredible new chapter of your life.
Below, you’ll find 40 profound affirmations for letting go and moving forward. Because “letting go” can pertain to so many situations and carry so many different meanings, you’ll find affirmations for different aspects of this sometimes difficult experience. Allow yourself to find the affirmations that resonate with you and let them be a loving guide forward on your beautiful journey.
I hope that these affirmations serve your mind, body, and spirit and remind you of your incredible courage, resilience, and strength.
Affirmations For Letting Go
- I let go of what no longer serves me to make space for new beginnings.
- I am able to let go of anything that doesn’t serve my mind, body, or spirit.
- I release the need to control my life and surrender to this present moment.
- Every ending offers me the opportunity for a beautiful new beginning.
- I honor my past experiences, but I do not let them take away from my current joy.
- Letting go isn’t always easy, and I give myself permission to move at my own pace.
- I will not let the pain of the past keep me from moving forward.
- I am letting go of pain, suffering, worry, fear, and anything that doesn’t serve my highest good.
- I am letting go of yesterday to make space for tomorrow.
- I am letting go of the past to step into a brighter future.
- I release the shadows of my past.
- I free myself from fear of the unknown.
- I inhale peace and exhale worry.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in the past and peacefully detach from them.
- I have the courage and strength to let go and move forward.
- Letting go doesn’t diminish my past experiences and what they meant to me.
- I can hold people and experiences of my past close to my heart while still moving forward into a new chapter.
- I let go of any limiting beliefs that prevent me from living the life of my dreams.
- It is safe for me to let go.
- I forgive myself for past mistakes. I will not define myself by my past.
- I bravely let go and allow the universe to reveal its beautiful plan for me.
- I trust that everything I need comes to me at exactly the right place and time.
- Everything is unfolding in perfect timing. I release worry and choose to trust.
- I trust and believe that everything is always working out for my highest good.
- I am peaceful. I am centered. I am grounded.
- I allow myself to take time for me.
- It’s okay if all I do today is just breathe.
- I will not worry about things I cannot control.
- I focus on what I can control and let go of what I cannot.
- I have the power to overcome my doubts, worries, and fears.
- I know that healing is not linear, and I accept my good days and my bad days as they come.
- I am healing more and more every day.
- I am willing to believe everything will work out, even when it doesn’t feel like it.
- I inhale peace and exhale worry.
- I allow myself to feel all my emotions, but I have the ability to rise above anything that doesn’t serve my highest good.
- All experiences shape me to be a stronger and braver version of myself.
- In this moment, I am exactly where I am meant to me.
- I have the courage and strength to do what is best for me.
- My strength is greater than any struggle.
- I choose courage over fear and peace over perfection.
What practices help you when it comes to letting go and starting anew? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below.
And for more resources on spirituality, meditation, manifestation, and all things self-love, be sure to connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, where I’m posting positive affirmations and empowering messages daily.
More Articles You May Like
- 500 Beautiful Things To Be Grateful For Today
- 30 Journal Prompts For Self Growth (& Deeper Self-Love)
- 4 Undeniable Reasons Why You Are Not Broken
- 11 Beautiful Poetry Books About Self-Love & Acceptance
- 28 Inspiring Quotes For New Beginnings
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.