In this article, discover 44 profound spiritual growth quotes to guide you through all phases of your spiritual journey as you awaken to your true self.
What Is Spiritual Growth?
Spiritual growth is the process in which you awaken to your true self – not the outer circumstances and experiences that you’ve defined yourself by but the truth of who you really are.
Eternal. Infinite. Limitless. Expansive. Connected to everything and everyone. More than words could ever begin to describe. More than you’ve ever believed yourself to be.
Your spiritual journey is sacred and personal to you, so I can’t tell you exactly what you’ll discover through this experience. But I can tell you that it will be transformative, and it will likely take you to places you never imagined.
This isn’t an overnight journey. Years into it, you will still continue to learn and discover new things about yourself and the world around you.
And while this spiritual journey is one of the most beautiful and worthwhile experiences you’ll ever have, it can, at times, feel very lonely. That’s why it’s important to step outside yourself every once in a while and remember that you’re not alone. You’re never alone.
Below, find 44 spiritual growth quotes to guide you in all phases of your sacred spiritual journey. Let these quotes be gentle reminders that you are not your fears. You are not your stories. You are not the labels you’ve been given.
You are more.
Always, always more.
Spiritual Growth Quotes
1. “The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life.”
2. “The universe is but a partial manifestation of your limitless capacity to become.”
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
3. “Enlightenment means taking full responsibility for your life.”
4. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. It will be a permanent Self, rooted in awareness and creativity. Once you have captured this, you have captured the world.”
5. “When you expand your awareness, seemingly random events will be seen to fit into a larger purpose.”
6. “You have to grow from inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.”
7. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
8. “If we want to live a miraculous life, we must raise the volume on the loving voice within us and turn down the volume of our fear.”
9. “The simple intention to surrender control is all you need to experience miracles.”
10. “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.”
11. “When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.”
12. “The path of spiritual growth is a path of lifelong learning.”
M. Scott Peck
13. “Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love.”
14. “Spiritual maturity is measured in terms of persevering faith, not perfect behavior.”
15. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.”
16. “The main requirement for spiritual growth: A yearning to know who you really are.”
17. “You can read books without ever stepping into a library; and practice spirituality without ever going to a temple.”
Anthony de Mello
18. “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to say.”
19. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.”
20. “What does it mean to be truly alive? We have the potential to experience extraordinary states of consciousness, to feel connected with others, to feel connected to everything. To be in awe of this movement of life. That’s the potential of human consciousness: to connect, to love, to be one. To experience a love that knows no boundaries; to experience a total state of oneness. That’s the potential and the purpose of human life, the human brain, and the human body.”
Preethaji & Krishnaji
21. “You are what you believe yourself to be.”
22. “It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters“
23. “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.”
24. “Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature.”
25. “We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.”
26. “Spirituality emerged as a fundamental guidepost in Wholeheartedness. Not religiosity but the deeply held belief that we are inextricably connected to one another by a force greater than ourselves—a force grounded in love and compassion. For some of us that’s God, for others it’s nature, art, or even human soulfulness. I believe that owning our worthiness is the act of acknowledging that we are sacred. Perhaps embracing vulnerability and overcoming numbing is ultimately about the care and feeding of our spirits.”
27. “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.”
Roy T. Bennett
28. “A state of mind that sees God in everything is evidence of growth in grace and a thankful heart.”
29. “You were born with everything you need to answer the call of your soul.”
30. “There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it.”
Michael A. Singer
31. “Pure awareness transcends thinking. It allows you to step outside the chattering negative self-talk and your reactive impulses and emotions. It allows you to look at the world once again with open eyes. And when you do so, a sense of wonder and quiet contentment begins to reappear in your life.”
32. “Serious spiritual practice is more than serene walks in the woods, lit candles and incense. You have to be committed. You have to be willing to enter into your own darkness and transcend it.”
33. “To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.”
34. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
35. “You’re a spiritual being having a human experience. You’re not a human being having a spiritual experience.” – Deepak Chopra
36. “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.”
37. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.”
38. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
39. “Dimming your light doesn’t do you or the world any good. You were meant to be great. Stand in that power.”
40. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
41. “Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
42. “If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.”
43. “I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences. I am not the content of my life. I am Life. I am the space in which all things happen. I am consciousness. I am the Now. I Am.”
44. “Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not.”
Do you have any favorite spiritual growth quotes? Share your favorites in the comment box below! And for more inspirational quotes, plus a daily dose of positive affirmations and self-love, be sure to connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest!
More Articles For You
- How To Receive Messages From The Universe
- How To Manifest Something: 10 Essential Manifestation Methods
- How To Release Limiting Beliefs (& Create New Beliefs)
- What Is The Art Of Allowing? (A Complete Guide)
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.