Have stress and never-ending to-do lists caused you to lose your connection with your spiritual self? Below, discover 33 spirituality journal prompts to gently guide you within and help you to connect to your inner self.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product using my link, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Updated February 8th, 2022
Who is your spiritual self?
Do you connect with your spiritual self in the silence of meditation or in the company of others? Do you feel most spiritually aligned at a religious temple, or does your spiritual self speak to you when you’re in the mountains or near the ocean?
What does spirituality mean to you? How does it show up in your daily life? How does it guide your actions and beliefs?
All of these questions could be journal prompts themselves, and there are no right or wrong answers. Throughout your life, you’ll find people whose spiritual beliefs align with yours, and you’ll find others who have very different beliefs. You’ll also cross paths with people who are in different stages of their spiritual journeys. Some are only just beginning to connect with their own spirituality, while others have been on this jouorney for a long time.
And that’s okay.
No two spiritual journeys look exactly the same. How you connect with your spiritual self is deeply personal to you.
Often, we may lose our spiritual selves amidst the noise of daily life. We get lost in the busyness of work and family. We work. We run errands. We take care of our responsibilities. And as a result, we may feel like something’s missing. Something we can’t quite pinpoint. Something that goes beyond explanation.
That something is your connection with your inner self. In the midst of all the external noise, we forget to connect with our own spirits. We lose touch of our true purpose. We forget what it feels like to simply surrender and trust.
The 33 spirituality journal prompts below are meant to gently guide you within and help you to connect to your true self. There are no rules for how to answer these journal prompts, but I do urge you not to judge or criticize yourself. At all times, show yourself deep compassion and love. If possible, try to give yourself some time alone to focus on your journaling without distractions.
And remember at all times that you are worthy and deserving of unconditional love from yourself, others, and a higher power. Even if you’ve lost touch with your true self, you still possess infinite worthiness within you.
I hope these spirituality journal prompts support your total well-being and serve your mind, body, and spirit.
Spirituality Journal Prompts
- How would I describe my relationship with a higher power?
- Who or what is God to me? How would I describe this higher power?
- In what ways does the Universe speak to me?
- How do I speak to the Universe? Do I feel like I’m heard?
- Write about a time in which you experienced the Universe’s unconditional love.
- Do I feel like the higher power in my life judges me or loves me without condition? How does this higher power feel about me?
- Are there any spiritual practices I’m feeling called to learn more about? (For example, tarot, pendulum dowsing, or astrology.) What will I do to take that first step to learning more about this practice?
- Have I connected with my spirit guides? If so, who are they? If not, what feelings and beliefs do I have about spirit guides?
- Who is my highest self? How do I align with my highest self in my daily life?
- How does my highest self approach each day? How does my highest self react to negative energy? How does my highest self walk through life?
- Do I regularly consult with my highest self when responding to situations and making decisions? If not, how can I begin to include my highest self in my life’s journey?
- What is my soul’s purpose? Do I feel connected to my purpose? If not, what steps can I take to discover my soul’s purpose?
- Do I believe I’m a spiritual being in a human body? What does this concept mean to me?
- What blessings am I experiencing in my life right now?
- What signs and synchronicities have appeared in my life that have guided my path?
- When and/or where do I feel most connected to my spiritual self?
- Do I feel safe openly expressing my spirituality? Why or why not?
- When I’m aligned with my spiritual self, how do I feel?
- What is a time in my life when my prayers weren’t answered (or it seemed as though they weren’t answered), and this actually worked out positively for me?
- What are some examples of past experiences when the Universe gave me exactly what I needed at exactly the right time?
- What does it mean to me to surrender to a higher power? Is this easy or hard for me?
- What are three ways I can practice surrendering in my daily life?
- In what ways is my spiritual journey a solo journey, and in what ways does it connect me more with others?
- What does it mean to me to be connected to all living beings (people, animals, plants, the earth, and the universe as a whole)?
- Do I trust my path or do I have a hard time releasing control? What makes this hard or easy for me?
- What about my spiritual self am I still learning and discovering?
- Did I have any childhood experiences that negatively affected my belief, attitude, or relationship toward God, the Universe, and/or the concept of spirituality? Have I been able to heal from these experiences, or is there still healing to be done?
- What self-care practices can I do for myself to nourish my spiritual self? How can I take care of my mind, body, and spirit?
- What is the relationship between my soul and my body?
- How can I tell when my spiritual self has been neglected? What can I do for myself in these moments?
- What evidence do I see in my life of the Universe always looking out for me? What are some visible and non-visible signs of the Universe’s love?
- How does God (the Universe/Source Energy/the Divine) show up in my daily life?
- Why am I always worthy of the Universe’s infinite love?
Journals to Connect to Your Inner Self
Are you looking to form a deeper connection with your inner self? Check out some of my favorite guided journals below!
For more inspiration, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, where I have boards for Journal Prompts, Self-Love, Gratitude, Manifestation, Mindfulness, and more! And for a daily dose of self-love and empowering beliefs, connect with me on Instagram!
Finally, here’s a few more posts you might like!
- 53 Gratitude Journal Prompts to Cultivate Joy Within
- 10 Journal Prompts to Manifest Your Dream Life
- 12 High-Vibe Manifestation Journals to Raise Your Vibrations
- How to Start a Meditation Journal
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.