Discover 30 powerful third eye chakra journal prompts for opening, activating, and healing your body’s energy center for intuition, inner wisdom, imagination, and mental strength. For more healing resources, check out 40 Third Eye Affirmations for Wisdom, Clarity, and Insight. Plus, don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this post for your free printable third eye chakra journal prompts and affirmations!
Healing the Third Eye Chakra
I remember when my inner knowing told me it was time to leave. I had a great job, a beautiful place to live, and people who loved me. But I was living in a town that didn’t belong to me and never truly felt like home. The decision to leave wasn’t the hard part; it was the follow-through that threatened to break my heart. How could I say goodbye to a life that felt so comfortable and to people who had always loved and supported me?
But when it was time to go, I knew it. I took those first few steps of announcing that I’d be moving to a new state, and then something kind of magical happened:
Within two weeks, I received a job offer to the first job I applied to in this new state, and my application was accepted to live in a perfect apartment in a highly coveted part of town, just minutes away from my sister’s family.
When I made the decision to follow my inner knowing and took the first step, the Universe provided me with everything I needed to not just survive but to thrive.
And that’s not the only time this has happened, either. Many times in my life, following my intuition, even when it didn’t make sense, has turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. One of the scariest decisions? When I quit my high-paying job to pursue my dream of writing, with no prospects or assurances of success. All I had to go off of was a gentle nudge that told me everything would be okay.
And it was. More than okay, actually. Because when I made the decision and took the first step, the Universe delivered to me opportunities, experiences, and resources to support my journey. It was, undoubtedly, one of the best decisions of my life.
Following your intuition is hard, and I’m definitely not here to claim that it’s easy. I also won’t tell you that you won’t have any fear when you take that first step. I don’t believe courage requires the absence of fear; I believe if means feeling the fear and doing it anyway.
The third eye chakra is your body’s energy center for intuition, imagination, mental strength, inner wisdom, open-mindedness, and clarity. When this energy center is open and healed, you will experience a deep understanding of your life’s purpose and where you’re meant to go. This doesn’t mean that you see every single step of your path laid out in front of you; it means taking one step at a time, trusting that the next step will be revealed to you.
You deserve to live the life of your dreams, and the truth is, your inner knowing already knows the way.
Trust it. Believe it. Know that you possess infinite worth, and you are more capable than you can possibly imagine.
Discover more about chakras using the links below, plus get journal prompts and affirmations for each of your body’s main energy centers! And for deeper insight into chakras as well as guidance on profound chakra healing, check out my Ultimate Chakra Healing Bundle, which includes a Chakra Healing eBook, Chakra Healing Workbook, and 8-Week Chakra Healing Guide. You can also discover more in my online shop.
How to Use These Journal Prompts
These third eye chakra journal prompts are designed to help you gently explore and connect with your inner self while gaining a better understanding of your relationship with your intuition, imagination, mental strength, open-mindedness, and more.
You can choose to answer each prompt one at a time, or you can read through them and find the ones that resonate most with you. If you choose the latter, I do recommend answering a few of the prompts that you weren’t originally planning to work with. I find that once I start journaling, I encounter unexpected discoveries within myself. By including some extra prompts in your practice, you may make some unexpected discoveries within you.
I also encourage you to have an open heart and open mind as you answer each prompt, which is especially important since the third eye chakra is the energy center of open-mindedness. It’s also important to release self-criticism and self-judgment during your journaling practice. Your intention is not to discern what you’ve been doing right or wrong and beat yourself up over it; your intention is to open and heal your third eye chakra, and that means practicing radical self-acceptance.
The Universe brought you here for a reason, and it’s because you are loved, treasured, cherished, and adored. You are worthy of healing, and you are worthy of living a beautiful life. This is just a single step on your journey to discovering the infinite joy, love, peace, and abundance within yourself.
Before you sit down to journal, I always recommend finding a quiet and safe space where you’re free from distractions. Quality truly reigns supreme over quantity here. Fifteen minutes of wholehearted journaling time will take you much further in your journey than an hour of distracted journaling while scrolling social media or watching TV. (I write this with so much love and compassion, because I know how hard it can be sometimes to carve out some quiet time for yourself. Just know that self-care isn’t selfish, and you are worthy of this time to yourself.)
Finally, don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this page, where you can download your free printable third eye chakra journal prompts and affirmations. These free resources are designed to support you in your journey of healing, self-discovery, and unconditional self-love.
Third Eye Chakra Journal Prompts
- Do I consider myself intuitive? Why or why not?
- How do I most often experience my intuition? Does it come in the form of a gut feeling, a voice in my head, signs and synchronicities, or something different?
- What are some past experiences in which I followed my intuition, and this led me to making the right choice?
- Have I ever not followed my intuition and wished I had? What can I learn from these experiences?
- Do I trust myself to make good decisions? Do I make decisions based on what’s logical or what feels right? Is there a healthy balance between the two?
- Describe what your inner knowing is telling you about your life right now. Are there any next steps you feel you should take? How does it feel when you think about taking these steps?
- If I could take a single step this week that leads me closer to my dreams, what does that step look like? What is my intuition telling me? Am I able to take that step?
- What are some daily practices I can do to cultivate my relationship with my intuition? How will I make space for these practices in my life? (For instance, daily affirmations, working with a pendulum, meditation, etc.)
- Fear is a normal experience when we take a leap and follow our inner knowing. Write at least ten affirmations about your strength, power, and courage to feel the fear and move forward anyway. Repeat each affirmation twice.
- In what ways does fear try to protect me? How can I tell the difference between fear that is telling me something important and fear that is holding me back?
- Do I consider myself imaginative? What does imagination mean to me?
- Was imagination encouraged or discouraged growing up? What was my relationship with my imagination like when I was a kid?
- Do I use my imagination more or less now than I did when I was a child? How can I embrace using my imagination more?
- Using your imagination, write a detailed account of the most beautiful life you can imagine for yourself. Think big and don’t hold back!
- Are there any areas of life in which I can be close-minded? What led me to having a closed mind regarding these people, beliefs, ideas, etc.? Would there be any benefit to allowing my mind to be more open?
- In what areas of life am I very open-minded? How does having an open mind support my journey and my overall wellbeing?
- Describe a time when you showed incredible mental strength. What thoughts, beliefs, and emotions allowed you to hold onto this mental strength, even when it was difficult?
- What areas of my life do I feel I have a strong sense of clarity about? What am I unclear or confused about?
- What would help me to gain more clarity regarding the areas of my life in which I’m unsure or unclear about? What do I need to gain a clearer vision of my path , and how can I give myself what I need?
- How do I react to major life changes? Do I embrace change, or do I resist change?
- What was the last major change in my life, and how did I react to this change? What positive lessons, opportunities, and experiences came from this change?
- Describe a major life change that may be on your horizon. How does it make you feel? What are the benefits of this change, and what about the change makes you feel fear? Ultimately, is this the right step for you?
- What does it mean to me to be spiritually aligned? Have I ever experienced spiritual alignment in my life?
- What does it mean to me to surrender? How can I practice more surrender and trust in my daily life?
- Do I feel safe surrendering, or do I have a difficult time letting go of control? Describe the ways in which letting go of control can be a really good thing for your overall wellbeing.
- How has trusting my path led me to where I am right now, and why is my present-day experience a beautiful place to be?
- In what ways do I possess deep inner wisdom? Do friends and family come to me for advice? What makes me a great person to talk to when another person is looking for guidance?
- Write ten positive affirmations about your ability to follow your intuition and trust the path ahead of you. (If you need help, check out these third eye chakra affirmations here.)
- Why is it important to me to have an open and balanced third eye chakra?
- What does an ordinary day as my most intuitive, imaginative, mentally strong self look like? How do I carry myself throughout the day? How do I treat others and myself? Write about this day in detail.
Are you ready for your freebies? Enter your name and email address below for your free printables! (Note that it may take an hour or two for the email to come through.) Plus, receive a weekly newsletter with resources, affirmations, and new blog post updates straight to your inbox. (Don’t worry, I hate spam, too! I only send one email a week, never share your personal info, and you can unsubscribe anytime.)
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.