In this post, discover 35 calming affirmations to help you cultivate a sense of serenity and deep inner peace, no matter what’s going on in your external world.
Inhale Peace, Exhale Worry
How do you speak to yourself when you feel worried or anxious? What about when you’re feeling uneasy about something that’s happened in the past or may happen in the future? How do you respond to uncertainty and doubt?
Where does your mind go when everything in your external world begins to feel messy, scattered, and out of control?
In tense and anxious moments, it’s easy to get lost in your own troublesome thoughts. One negative thought leads to another, which leads to another, sending you down a rabbit hole of persistent worries and fear. Often, your brain does this to protect itself. Maybe you don’t want to get your hopes up too much, and you want to protect your heart in case things don’t work out the way you hope.
If you’ve ever felt this way before, know that it’s okay. Instead of criticizing yourself for having these thoughts, breathe love and compassion into your worries and fears.
And know this:
You are in control of your thoughts. You are the only one who can determine how you get to feel in every moment. There is nothing outside of you that can bring you the peace and serenity you’ve been looking for. Why? Because deep inner peace already exists within. It’s always there, even when you don’t see it. It isn’t about finding peace; it’s about releasing anything that obscures the peace, love, and tranquility that you have access to in every moment of every day.
It’s okay to feel anxious sometimes. Just know that you have the power to both acknowledge your worries and fears while still rising above anything that doesn’t serve or support your highest good.
Below, you’ll find 35 calming affirmations to help you in moments of worry, anxiety, and fear. These calming affirmations are designed to help you take back your power from anything that’s been weighing you down. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, let these calming affirmations soothe your spirit and bring you deep inner peace. Whenever you notice your brain straying to worrying and anxious thoughts, use these affirmations to gently bring you back to the present moment and help you cultivate a sense of serenity, stability, and strength.
And for some tips on how to get the most out of using affirmations in your daily life, be sure to check out my post, How to Use Affirmations (So They Actually Work).
Looking for more positive affirmations? Check out these posts!
- 40 Positive Affirmations for Overcoming Challenges
- 45 Positive Affirmations for Happiness and True Joy
- 40 Gratitude Affirmations to Love This Moment Right Now
- 35 Beautiful Affirmations for Peace and Serenity
- 43 Creativity Affirmations to Inspire Your Limitless Imagination
- 42 Body-Positive Affirmations for Total Self-Acceptance
- I inhale love and exhale fear.
- I choose peace over worry.
- I release doubt and welcome faith.
- I choose courage over fear and peace over perfection.
- In this moment, I have everything I need.
- My heart is grateful, and my mind is at peace.
- I am calm, peaceful, and patient.
- I radiate calm, peace, and serenity.
- All is well.
- In this moment, I am exactly where I am meant to be.
- All my needs are always met.
- My strength is greater than any struggle.
- I am always loved, guided, and supported.
- I am not my thoughts.
- I am not my fears.
- I am so much stronger than I realize.
- I can do hard things.
- When I feel overwhelmed, I am allowed to step back and breathe.
- There is no rush.
- I have time to complete everything I need to do today.
- There is beauty to be found in slowing down.
- I take care of the future by taking care of the present moment.
- I trust that the Universe gives me what I need at exactly the right time.
- I release my worries and allow myself to find peace in life’s quiet moments.
- I know deep inner peace.
- Deep inner peace is my natural state.
- I surrender my worries and fears to the Universe.
- I am worthy of my own love.
- I am so loved in each and every moment.
- I choose love.
- Love flows to and through me in all moments.
- I give myself the love and compassion I deserve.
- I breathe love into my criticisms, judgments, and fears.
- When I’m unsure where to go next, I follow the path that feels most like love.
- In love, I am whole.
For more uplifting affirmations and inspiring messages, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every morning. And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
You May Also Like:
- 9 Best Crystals and Stones for Anxiety
- 7 Grounding Crystals and Stones for Stability and Protection
- Alternate Nostril Breathing Benefits & How-To Guide
- 4 Undeniable Reasons Why You Are Not Broken