In this post, discover healing foods for each of your body’s chakras, plus save and print a handy chakra foods chart to keep with you so you can connect with each of your body’s main energy centers daily.
When you think of the effects that food has on your body, it’s likely that you immediately think of the physical impacts; through conscious food choices, you can incorporate food into your diet that might help you lose or gain weight and/or muscle.
But your food choices don’t just affect your physical self; they have a profound impact on your mental, emotional, and spiritual self as well. In fact, your mind, body, and spirit are all affected every single day by your food intake in ways that you may not even see.
That’s why intentionally choosing food that works with your internal energy is so important: because the effects extend beyond your physical self and digestive system and have an impact on your entire well-being.
Below, you’ll find a list of healing foods for each of your body’s energy centers along with a handy chart you can print or save to your phone.
If you want to connect with a particular chakra, incorporate foods into your snacks and meals that correspond with that chakra. Be intentional with this practice. For instance, if you’re connecting with your root chakra and decide to add sweet potatoes to one of your meals, set the intention to connect with your root chakra before you start eating. As you eat, remain mindful of the energy in and around your root chakra. You might also internally recite some root chakra affirmations as you’re eating. (You can find links to affirmations for each of your body’s energy centers in the sections below.)
And if you want to learn more about opening, activating, and healing your body’s energy centers, be sure to check out my Ultimate Chakra Healing Bundle. The bundle comes with a Chakra Healing eBook, Chakra Healing Workbook, and 8-Week Chakra Healing Guide. (All items can be purchased individually as well!)
- You May Also Like: Sacred Self-Care For The 7 Chakras (A Complete Guide)
Chakra Healing Foods
Root Chakra Healing Foods
- Root vegetables such as sweet potatoes and carrots
- Red fruits such as apples, strawberries, and cherries
- Protein-rich foods such as beans and nut butters
Want to learn more about root chakra healing? Discover 14 practices to heal your root chakra here. For even more root chakra healing, get root chakra affirmations here and root chakra journal prompts here.
Sacral Chakra Healing Foods
- Spices such as cinnamon
- Orange produce such as mangoes, oranges, and carrots
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Foods
- Complex carbs such as oatmeal and quinoa
- Yellow produce such as bananas, pineapple, and squash
- Ginger, turmeric, cumin, fennel
Heart Chakra Healing Foods
- Heart-healthy leafy green vegetables
- Green tea
- Basil, thyme, cilantro
Throat Chakra Healing Foods
- Herbal teas with honey and/or lemon
- Fruit smoothies
- Cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew
Third Eye Chakra Healing Foods
- Dark blue/purple fruits such as blueberries/blackberries
- Brain-boosting antioxidants such as dark chocolate.
- Grape juice
Crown Chakra Healing Foods
- Purified water
- Detox and fasting (if safe for you – please follow guidance of medical professionals)
(Why aren’t there more food choices for your crown chakra? Because food is a material thing of this earth, while the crown chakra is connected with your highest, divine self. To connect with your crown chakra, focus less on what foods to eat and more on your divine self: the truest part of you that’s untouched by human experiences.)
Have you ever used food for chakra healing? What are some of your favorite chakra healing practices? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below!
For more on chakra healing, plus positive affirmations, manifestation tools, and more, be sure to follow me on Pinterest! And for a daily dose of self-love and empowering beliefs, connect with me on Instagram.
More Articles For You
- 8 Best Chakra Books For Profound Energy Healing
- 7 Chakra Healing Crystals To Restore Inner Harmony
- Chakra Affirmations: 70 Affirmations For Your 7 Main Chakras
- A Guide To Essential Oils For Chakras
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.