Discover 30 powerful sacral chakra journal prompts for opening, activating, and healing your body’s energy center for creativity, joy, passion, and sensuality. And for more resources, be sure to check out 35 Sacral Chakra Affirmations to Live a Passionate Life. Plus, don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this post for your free printable sacral chakra affirmations and journal prompts!
Healing the Sacral Chakra
How often do you let yourself play?
No work. No thinking about your to-do lists. No sacrificing your time for everyone else.
Just fun, non-productive, glorious play.
And even more: How often do you daydream? How do you express your creativity in your daily life? If you have a creative job, what fun and creative things do you do in your off-time that aren’t for work? How do you seek pleasure in your daily life?
It’s not normal for adults to prioritize fun, creativity, and play in their daily lives. At least, we don’t think of it as normal. But it should be!
Fun, creativity, and passion are all important components of the sacral chakra, your body’s second energy center. This is also your energy center for joy, prosperity, sensuality, sexuality, openness, and honesty.
When your sacral chakra is open and energy is freely flowing in and out of this energy center, you’re likely to be an inspired, passionate being who is effortlessly in touch with your creative and fun side. It also means you’re open and honest with others, and you also have a healthy relationship with your sensuality and sexuality.
However, if your sacral chakra is either underactive or overactive, then you likely are experiencing deficiencies in areas of fun, passion, and creativity. When underactive, you may become withdrawn, tense, and insecure. And when it’s overactive, you’re more prone to becoming controlling, manipulative, and aggressive.
Healing your sacral chakra is a necessary component to allowing unending joy and prosperity into your life.
And know this: you deserve joy. You deserve prosperity. And you deserve to live an effortlessly beautiful, free, creative life that you feel truly passionate about.
So ditch the “all work, no play” mentality and invite beautiful abundance into your life today.
Discover more about chakras using the links below, plus get journal prompts and affirmations for each of your body’s main energy centers! And for deeper insight into chakras as well as guidance on profound chakra healing, check out my Ultimate Chakra Healing Bundle, which includes a Chakra Healing eBook, Chakra Healing Workbook, and 8-Week Chakra Healing Guide. You can also discover more in my online shop.
How to Use These Journal Prompts
The 30 journal prompts below are designed to help you activate, open, and heal your sacral chakra. Each prompt focuses on important aspects of the sacral chakra, including creativity, fun, play, your relationship with your body, sensuality, passion, and sexuality.
Keeping in line with the fun of this energy center, there truly are no rules here! If you want to skip around and only answer the prompts that resonate with you, that’s totally fine. Or, if you’d like, you can start at the top and work your way to the bottom one prompt at a time. You don’t have to answer all the prompts, though I think it can be powerful to do so as unexpected feelings and beliefs may arise from the questions posed in the various prompts.
There’s definitely no time limit, so take as much or as little time as you need to answer these questions below. I do suggest that on days when you choose to work through these prompts, you set aside some time for yourself where you won’t be distracted or interrupted.
And finally, make this sacred time in which you answer these prompts a judgment-free zone. In order to heal, we must work through the negative thoughts and beliefs we carry inside. And the only way we can truly embrace this healing journey is if we release judgment and embrace wholehearted authenticity, truth, and self-love.
And don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this page, where you can download your free printable sacral chakra affirmations and journal prompts! Use these free resources to serve and support you in your healing journey.
Sacral Chakra Journal Prompts
- What can I do in my daily life to add more opportunities for play?
- What are my favorite creative activities? How do I feel when I get to express my creativity?
- What are some creative activities I’ve always wanted to try but never have? What first step can I take toward trying one of these activities?
- What are some creative activities I love to do but don’t make space for in my life as much as I’d like to? How can I create more space for these activities?
- Express your creativity: Write about a movie or book idea floating in the back of your mind. What is it about? Who are the characters? What’s the central theme? Write as many details as possible, and have fun with it!
- Invent something: Write about an invention that doesn’t exist yet but definitely should. What is its name? How does it work? How will it improve people’s lives? Get creative, and make it as crazy, far out, and illogical as you want!
- What inspires me? Are there things in my daily life that keep me inspired every day? If not, what might help?
- What brings me joy? In what ways is my life filled with joy?
- How can I cultivate more feelings of joy in my daily life?
- How often do I daydream? What kinds of things do I daydream about? In what ways can daydreaming support my wellbeing?
- Reflect on this statement and what it means to you: “Play is not irresponsible. Creativity is not impractical. Fun is not frivolous.“
- What does it mean to me to be prosperous? In what way(s) is my life prosperous?
- Why is it important to me to be an open and honest person?
- Why is it important to me to be a forgiving person? Do I ever find it difficult to forgive myself or others?
- Write a letter forgiving yourself for a mistake you made in the past.
- Write a letter forgiving someone else for actions they took or words they said that caused you pain.
- What types of situations and experiences make me feel tense, insecure, and withdrawn? What can I do to help myself in these situations? Are there any frequent experiences like this in my daily life that I can change?
- What do I feel passionate about in my life? How do I express my passion?
- Why am I always worthy and deserving of respect from myself and others?
- How do I show myself respect? What choices do I make for myself that are rooted in self-respect?
- What are five practices I can incorporate into my life to boost my self-esteem?
- Why am I awesome? What are my superpowers? What makes me an incredible person?
- What are ten things I love about my sacred body?
- Why is this body of mine special? What makes it beautiful?
- How do I define sensuality? What does it mean to be a sensual being?
- Do I consider myself sensual? What’s my personal relationship with sensuality? How can I cultivate a positive relationship with sensuality?
- How do I define intimacy? What forms of intimacy are there? Do I easily embrace intimacy with others, or do I have a hard time with intimacy?
- Do I consider myself a sexual being? Do I have a healthy relationship with sexuality?
- List all of the positive things you associate with sex and sexuality.
- What does an ordinary day as my most creative, passionate, inspired self look like? How do I carry myself through the day? How do I treat others and myself? Write about this day in detail.
Are you ready for your freebies? Enter your name and email address below for your free printables! (Note that it may take an hour or two for the email to come through.) Plus, receive a weekly newsletter with resources, affirmations, and new blog post updates straight to your inbox. (Don’t worry, I hate spam, too! I only send one email a week, never share your personal info, and you can unsubscribe anytime.)
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.