Every dream you possess has been put in your heart for a reason, and you owe it to yourself to see how far your dreams can take you. In this article, discover 26 inspirational quotes for believing in, trusting, and following your dreams.
Following Your Dreams
When I was 7 years old, I was walking through the mall, holding my mom’s hand, peering into all of the different stores as we passed them by. Clothing store. Clothing store. Shoe store. Candy store. Bookstore . . .
. . . wait.
This is what I remember about that moment:
I remember time moving in slow motion.
I remember the softness of my mom’s hand in mine.
And I remember an inner knowing swirling through my heart, unlike anything I’d ever experienced before.
That was the moment I knew I was going to be a writer when I grew up.
The space in this article isn’t quite enough to describe the journey I’ve been on since that moment. But I want to share this with you today:
I spent years on the sidelines, watching other writers succeed, immersed in limiting beliefs that I wasn’t talented enough, not good enough, and that nobody would ever want to read anything I wrote. I feared that if I put myself out there, I’d only get rejected. I wanted so badly to be a real writer, but fear kept me from going after my dream.
And I have so much love in my heart for that girl sitting on the sidelines. I know her fear and her pain. She wanted so badly for just one person to reach out and give her permission to enter the game. To tell her that these dreams were put in her heart for a reason and that she was worthy of living the life of her dreams.
And you know what?
My entire life changed when I stopped waiting for permission from someone else to step off the sidelines and instead received it from the only person whose permission mattered: myself.
And that’s what I want you to know, especially if you have a dream in your heart but are hesitant to step forward and follow it.
You don’t need permission to step out into the world.
You just need to know that you are worthy of every single dream that’s been put in your heart.
All it takes is one tiny moment of courage to take that first step. Then, when you step back and allow life to flow through you, you’ll see how the universe is giving you everything you need to succeed. It will lead you down the right path, one courageous step at a time.
You have an incredible gift to offer this world. And the only permission you need to step off the sidelines and into the world is your own. And you are worthy. Unconditionally. Infinitely. Always.
Below, you’ll find 26 inspirational quotes for believing in, trusting, and following your dreams. These are some of my favorite quotes that have given me a little extra loving push on my own journey, and I hope they can do the same for you.
- You May Also Like: 33 Journal Prompts for Goal Setting & Future Planning
Follow Your Dreams Quotes
1. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.”
2. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.”
3. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
4. “Do whatever brings you to life, then. Follow your own fascinations, obsessions, and compulsions. Trust them. Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart.”
5. “The real joy in life comes from finding your true purpose and aligning it with what you do every single day.”
6. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”
Roy T. Bennett
7. “Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.”
8. “If you feel something calling you to dance or write or paint or sing, please refuse to worry about whether you’re good enough. Just do it. Be generous. Offer a gift to the world that no one else can offer: yourself.”
9. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.”
10. “You must disobey the voice in your head that says, I’m not ready yet.”
11. “The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.”
12. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.”
13. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.”
14. “Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.”
15. “If you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”
16. “You have extraordinary treasures hidden within you. Bringing forth those treasures takes work and faith and focus and courage and hours of devotion. We simply do not have time anymore to think so small.”
17. “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.”
Sarah Ban Breathnach
18. “The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.”
19. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe.”
20. “You were born with everything you need to answer the call of your soul.”
21. “Allow your passion to become your purpose and it will one day become your profession.”
22. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.”
23. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”
24. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
25. “When we have the courage to walk into our story and own it, we get to write the ending.”
26. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
Do you have any favorite inspirational quotes for following your dreams? Share your favorites in the comment box below!
More Posts You May Like
- 35 Manifestation Quotes For Love, Abundance & More
- 33 Beautiful Spiritual Healing Quotes To Light Your Path
- How To Love Yourself More Each Day
- 9 Healing Crystals For New Beginnings
- 8 Best Self-Love Workbooks To Read This Year
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.