Below, you’ll find 50 calming affirmations for social anxiety and fear of social events. Repeat these affirmations before and during social events to help you walk through all social situations with dignity, strength, and grace.
What is Social Anxiety?
My social anxiety started in elementary school, before I knew what anxiety was or why I felt these uncomfortable feelings within. All I knew was that I felt different from other kids.
While other kids cheered for lunch and recess, those were my two least favorite parts of the school day.
Because I couldn’t hide behind schoolwork or a book. I had to actually be present with the other kids; I had to be seen.
And this absolutely terrified me.
Have you ever experienced these kinds of feelings?
Social anxiety is an extreme fear of social situations. You might experience a fear of being judged by others or worry that you’ll be humiliated. You may be afraid of saying the wrong thing, or that you won’t know what to say at all. This fear can often be all-consuming, leading you to feel anxious for days leading up to a social event.
One of your greatest tools when you experience social anxiety is self-compassion.
Self-compassion allows you to see your anxiety in a loving light. Instead of criticizing yourself for having these thoughts and feelings, you’re able to send love to your anxiety. Self-compassion is understanding that nothing about you is wrong; nothing about you is a mistake.
Even when you experience fear and anxiety, you are still worthy, whole, and complete.
Below are 50 calming affirmations for social anxiety. Use these affirmations before and during a social event to help you remain grounded, centered, stable, and secure. These affirmations are meant to give you courage and strength as you walk into a social situation, knowing you are courageous, strong, and more than enough.
At the bottom of this post, I’ve linked to a few resources for anyone experiencing chronic, overwhelming social anxiety.
And here are a few more posts filled with tools to help you with anxiety:
More Affirmations for You
- 65 Positive Affirmations for Self-Worth & Self-Esteem
- 35 Calming Affirmations to Release Your Worries
- 40 Positive Affirmations for Insecurity & Self-Doubt
- 42 Body Positive Affirmations for Total Self-Acceptance
- 75 Self-Love Affirmations to Celebrate Your Worthiness
- 50 Positive Affirmations to Remain Calm and Confident During Your Workday
Affirmations for Social Anxiety
- I am welcome here.
- My presence is delightful to others.
- I bring light to those around me.
- I choose peace over worry.
- I choose authenticity over perfection.
- It is safe for me to be my authentic self.
- I am strong, capable, and resilient.
- I am far stronger than I realize.
- I am worthy, inside and out.
- I am enough, just as I am.
- I have the courage to be seen.
- I feel calm, centered, and grounded.
- I am competent, capable, and strong.
- I am proud of myself for showing up.
- I have the power to overcome my doubts, worries, and fears.
- I own my power and recognize the strength inside me.
- My confidence grows each and every day.
- It’s okay for me to feel anxious. I respond to my anxiety with love and compassion.
- I am always embraced and welcomed when I enter a room.
- I am free to be my true and authentic self at all times.
- I seek connection, not validation. I am always worthy, and I validate myself.
- I am loved for my authenticity, not for the illusion of perfection.
- I have the courage to step forward, even when I’m afraid.
- I am equipped with all the tools I need to walk through this experience with dignity and grace.
- I am capable to handle anything that comes my way.
- I am in charge of my own energy. I’m the only one who chooses how I feel.
- I choose to feel calm, grounded, peaceful, and secure.
- I rise above my insecurities.
- When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I give myself permission to step away and breathe.
- I have the power to control my emotions.
- I choose to think positive thoughts.
- I bring light to those around me.
- I am worthy of beautiful friendships and lasting relationships.
- I am aligned with the energy of love.
- The more love I give, the more I receive.
- I am grateful for all the love I receive from others.
- I am surrounded by love.
- Whatever happens, this experience is an opportunity for joy, growth, or both.
- I’m not alone in how I’m feeling.
- It’s right for me to feel this way.
- I can do hard things.
- Social situations aren’t always easy, and I give myself love and grace in this moment.
- I am so grateful for my courageous heart for stepping outside my comfort zone.
- All experiences shape me to be a stronger and braver version of myself.
- I am tuned into the vibration of joy, confidence, and positivity.
- Every single part of me is worthy of being loved and accepted.
- I choose courage over fear and peace over perfection.
- I am my true self, and there’s nobody else I’d rather be.
- I am capable, strong, worthy, and always enough.
- I am safe. I am protected. I am loved.
For more uplifting affirmations and inspiring messages, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every morning. And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
You May Also Like:
- 7 Grounding Crystals and Stones for Stability and Protection
- How to Protect Your Energy (7 Powerful Practices)
- Alternate Nostril Breathing Benefits & How-To Guide
- How to Release Limiting Beliefs (and Create New Beliefs)
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.