What is a manifestation meditation? In this post, discover what exactly a manifestation mediation is and how to manifest your dreams and desires while you’re meditating! Plus, get links to some of my favorite free guided manifestation meditations below.
What Is A Manifestation Meditation?
When I first meditating, I believed what many people believe when they’re new to meditation: that the purpose of meditation was to quiet my thoughts and eventually reach a point in which I didn’t think at all. A completely blank, clear mind was the goal, so I sat down each day and tried my best to focus on nothing but my inhale and exhale. When I found my thoughts wandering, I’d start to count my breaths, and I’d return to that count any time I realized I’d let my thoughts wander again.
For months, I considered myself a failure for not being able to clear my thoughts. What I didn’t realize was that this process was actually teaching me mindfulness in a powerful way. (To learn more about what mindfulness is, click here!)
Eventually, I started doing guided meditations using the InsightTimer app, and I was blown away by the vast amount of different types of meditations I discovered. What surprised me the most was that there were meditations that weren’t about clearing your mind at all; many took me through journeys of visualization, affirmations, self-observation, chakra healing, and more.
One of the types of meditations I discovered in this experience was manifestation meditations. A manifestation meditation is a meditation specifically designed to align you with the positive thoughts and emotions of your dreams and desires, lifting your vibrations so that you become a magnet for all of your deepest dreams. This practice is a powerful way to get clear about what exactly it is that you want to manifest, lift your vibrations to match your desires, and let go of limiting beliefs and resistance within.
Some of the core components of a manifestation meditation are visualization, affirmations, gratitude, and releasing your desires to the Universe. Below, I’ll discuss each of these core components in more detail. Then, I’ll give you step-by-step directions you can use to try your own manifestation meditation, plus I’ll provide some links to guided manifestation meditations on the InsightTimer app.
And if you want more manifesting activities and resources, be sure to check out The Ultimate Manifestation Workbook, available now in my online shop! Also be sure to check out my post, How to Manifest Someone (in 6 Simple Steps) for a free 15-page workbook to guide you through the steps of manifesting someone special into your life.
What is Manifestation?
To manifest something means to visualize your dreams and desires and to vibrate at the frequency of your desires as if they’ve already come true. So if you want to attract abundance, become the embodiment of abundance right now. If you want to attract love, allow yourself to feel loved now. Like attracts like, so when you choose to feel these positive emotions throughout your day, you’ll attract more of this to you. To learn more about manifestation, check out my introductory guide here.
Manifestation Meditation: Core Components
Visualization is often the cornerstone of a manifestation meditation as it allows you to see in your mind’s eye exactly what it is that you want to manifest. Many guided meditations will take you through a day in your dream life; you’ll be able to visualize all the details of your ideal life, including the house you live in, who you’re surrounded by, and what you do during your day. The key to a successful visualization is to not only see the details play out in your mind but to feel all the high-vibe emotions of having your desires right now. When you do this, you directly connect yourself to the experience of having the thing(s) you desire, becoming a magnet for your dreams to manifest in your reality.
Positive affirmations aren’t always part of a manifestation meditation, but I find them to be a powerful way to lift my vibrations and align me with the uplifting feelings of already having what I desire. So what exactly are positive affirmations? A positive affirmation is a present-tense statement that’s designed to uplift and encourage while boosting self-belief and supporting your overall well-being. Below, you’ll find some examples of manifestation affirmations, and if you’re looking for more, I’ve linked to a few blog posts in the box below.
- I have the freedom to create any future I want.
- I choose what I become.
- Anything I can imagine, I can create.
- My life is filled with limitless abundance.
- I am the abundant, loving energy I want to attract.
- Everything I desire is making its way to me right now.
- All that I’m looking for I can find within me.
Gratitude is the highest vibration you can offer. When you express sincere appreciation, you’re essentially telling the Universe, more of this please. In a manifestation meditation, you can express gratitude for what you already have as well as for what’s coming. This is the sentence I always come back to when it comes to gratitude and manifestation: the more you feel grateful, the more positive things you attract into your life to be grateful for.
To let go means that once you’ve set an intention and asked for what you want, you release your worries about when and how it’s going to happen and trust the Universe to deliver your desires to your reality. In meditation, I’ll sometimes visualize letting go by seeing my desire as a ball of light or a balloon. I release it into the Universe and watch it disappear into the sky. Once it’s gone, I sit back and trust that everything I want is already making its way to me right now.
- You May Also Like: 10 Manifestation Tips to Create the Life of Your Dreams
How To Do A Manifestation Meditation
- Find a comfortable spot where you won’t be interrupted. Set aside at least 10 minutes to do this practice, though you can take more time if you’d like. You can sit cross-legged or on a chair with your feet on the ground. Relax your shoulders and open your chest so your heart center is open to receiving. Place your hands on your knees or thighs with your palms facing the sky (in receiving mode).
- Spend a minute or two getting relaxed. Unclench your jaw and breathe into any tension you feel in your body. Then, breathe it out. Take a few deep, conscious inhales and exhales before letting your breath steady into a normal, comfortable rhythm.
- What do you want to manifest? Bring it to the surface now. Visualize a perfect day in which all of your dreams and desires have already come true. Start with seeing yourself waking up. Where are you? How do you feel when you awaken for the day? Picture all the details of where you are, who you’re with, and what you do throughout your day. As you visualize, allow yourself to feel all of the positive emotions of having all your dreams and desires right now. If you want to manifest love, allow yourself to feel truly loved, protected, and cherished. If you want to manifest career success, allow yourself to feel successful, joyful, and thriving. Feel into these positive emotions in every cell of your being. You can even let a big or soft smile lift your lips if it feels right.
- Finish your visualization by picturing yourself sitting or laying in bed at night. Breathe in gratitude for this beautiful life you’ve created. Feel grateful for all that you have and all that’s coming. Inhale gratitude and exhale it back into the world. Allow yourself to sit in sincere appreciation for a minute or two as you reflect on your beautiful life.
- Repeat a few high-vibe affirmations that further increase your vibrations and align you with the positive feelings of having all your dreams and desires.
- Finish your manifestation meditation by picturing yourself letting go. Visualize your desire as a balloon, a ball of light, a paper lantern, or anything else that feels right to you. Release it into the universe and see it flying up into the starry sky. Watch it until it disappears, then smile and lean into ease knowing that all of your dreams are on their way to you right now.
Want to learn more about manifestation? Check out these posts!
Guided Manifestation Meditations (Links)
Below are some of my favorite guided manifestation meditations on the InsightTimer app. I have no affiliation to this app; it’s simply my go-to app for my own daily meditations. It offers over 55,000 guided meditations and music tracks for meditation completely free. You can purchase a paid subscription to receive access to courses, but this is not required for meditations.
Here are a few of my favorite guided manifestation meditations you can try today. Most of these meditations are between 10 to 20 minutes in length. I prefer to meditate in the morning, but truly, the best time to meditate is the time that works best for you.
- Manifesting Your Desires by Liza Colpa
- Live Your Desire Now: Manifestation Meditation by Lucy Love
- Aim For the Stars – Manifesting Practice by Naomi Goodlet
- Attracting All That You Desire by Carrie Suwal
- Living Your Dream Life by Susi McWilliam
- Achieve Your Greatest Desires – Manifestation Practice by Vanessa Michele
- Manifest Your Heart’s Desires by Megan Shirey
- Manifest An Abundant Life by Amanda Sellers
Do you have any questions about manifestation meditations? What’s your favorite way to manifest your dreams while meditating? Leave your questions and tips in the comment box below!
For more manifesting tips, daily affirmations, and lots of positive vibes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram! And don’t forget to check out The Ultimate Manifestation Workbook, available now in my online shop!
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.