42 Body Positive Affirmations for Total Self-Acceptance
Accepting and even loving your body can be a lifelong journey for many, and while it may feel difficult some days, you are absolutely worthy of loving yourself exactly as you are. In this post, discover 42 powerful body-positive affirmations to cultivate unconditional self-acceptance and total self-love.
In 2014, my introduction to affirmations came in the form of body positive affirmations.
I had found a list of 100 body positive affirmations somewhere online and decided to copy it and email it to myself. While I would love to tell you that this discovery propelled me into a journey of total and complete self-love, I’m pretty sure that email stayed at the bottom of my inbox for the next couple years, untouched and ignored.
While I wanted to accept my body completely, I had a hard time accepting myself if I didn’t fit into a perfect box. I really only wanted to love my body on the condition that I could change it and mold it into something that society would deem beautiful.
The following years were filled with hardship and heartbreak as I battled with the girl I saw in the mirror, but I wouldn’t trade those years for anything as they allowed me to learn and grow into the confident, self-loving woman I am now.
Back then, I also had no idea how to truly use affirmations. I saw them as nice and uplifting words but didn’t understand their inherent power. I wasn’t sure how to get the words on the screen to resonate inside me.
And if you’re in that place, too, that’s okay. I’ve included some tips below to help you with using body positive affirmations so that they truly resonate with you.
I recommend using the body-positive affirmations in this post in tandem with other types of affirmations, like these affirmations for self-love and these ones for self-confidence. I find that body positive affirmations can be most powerful when used with other types of affirmations that don’t just focus on your body but on all parts of you: your heart, your spirit, your kindness, and your inherent and undeniable worthiness.
How to Use Body Positive Affirmations
While the notes I’m about to give are certainly true for all types of affirmations, I want to emphasize them especially for body positive affirmations because this can be a sensitive subject for many.
You may come to an affirmation in the list below that just feels off. What do I mean by that? Here’s an example:
Imagine that you’re reading the affirmation, “My body is truly beautiful.” You recite it, trying to feel the positive emotions associated with these words, but in the back of your mind, you hear a little voice that says, yeah right.
While you definitely want to be able to say this affirmation with confidence, you’re still on a path of healing your body insecurities, and you’re not quite yet at a place where you can assert that your body is truly beautiful.
And that’s okay.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you if you experience discomfort with any of the affirmations below (or any affirmations at all, for that matter).
First, if you experience this, release any self-judgment or self-criticism over your discomfort. Know that it’s okay to be exactly where you are in your healing journey. Have compassion for where you currently are, and remember that you don’t have to race to the finish line all at once.
You have the right to take this one step at a time, at your own pace.
When I discover an affirmation that I don’t feel completely comfortable with, I like to employ what I call the Ladder Method. In this method, I take a step back from the original affirmation and alter it in a way that feels more comfortable for me.
For instance, I might use the phrases I am open to . . . or I am willing to . . . in my newly altered affirmation.
Let’s try this with the affirmation I used above: My body is truly beautiful.
How can I alter this in a way that will feel more comfortable for me? I could say, I am open to seeing all the ways in which my body is truly beautiful. Or, I am willing to believe that my body is truly beautiful.
You might use your altered affirmation for a few weeks before taking the next step closer to the original affirmation. Your next step might be something like this: Even though I don’t always see it, I know in my heart that my body is truly beautiful.
Feel empowered to modify any of the affirmations below so that they’ll feel more comfortable for you. It’s also completely okay to skip an affirmation and choose to solely focus on the ones that feel good to you. In time, you might decide to come back to the list and see if any of the other affirmations begin to resonate a little more.
Remember: take this at your own pace, and show yourself unconditional kindness and compassion, no matter what.
Body Positive Affirmations
- My body is a gift.
- I honor my body by trusting the signals that it sends me.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I release self-criticism and choose self-love.
- I treat my body with love and compassion.
- I am allowed to take up space.
- I am learning how to love my body fully.
- I am open to loving my body and seeing it for all of its beauty.
- My body is deserving of love.
- My body is capable of more than I can even imagine.
- My body is a powerful healer.
- My body always takes care of me.
- My body is a powerful force of strength, resilience, and perseverance.
- I feel strong in my body.
- I feel safe in my body.
- I listen to my body because it always knows what it needs.
- My body shows up for me each and every day, and it deserves my wholehearted love.
- I am willing to love my body, just as it is.
- My body is truly beautiful.
- My health is a blessing that I choose to appreciate everyday.
- I lovingly nurture my mind, body, and spirit.
- I trust my body’s wisdom and listen when it speaks to me.
- When I look in the mirror, I love the strong and powerful person staring back at me.
- My body is my home and I pledge to always build it up and never tear it down.
- I am healthy, well, and vibrant.
- I am full of energy, passion, and vitality.
- I make healthy choices for my body rooted in love.
- I truly love my body and all that it does for me.
- My strong lungs allow me to inhale unlimited self-love.
- No matter what, my body is always worthy of love and respect.
- I am grateful for my body and all that it is capable of.
- I choose to respect and honor my body just as it is.
- I feed my mind, body, and spirit with total self-love.
- My worthiness is not defined by a number on a scale.
- My body is allowed to change.
- I give my body permission to change.
- I am perfect, whole, and complete, just the way I am.
- I choose to like and love myself fully and unconditionally.
- Every cell in my body is completely at peace.
- I prioritize my total well-being: mind, body, and spirit.
- Every single part of me vibrates at the frequency of total self-love.
- I am worthy, strong, powerful, and always enough.
Do you have any favorite body positive mantras? Share your favorite body positive tips in the comment box below!
And if you want to add uplifting affirmations to your daily routine, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every morning! And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I’m pinning positive affirmations and inspiring quotes every single day.
More Articles You May Like
- How To Protect Your Energy (7 Essential Practices)
- 45 Personal Growth Journal Prompts To Be Your Best Self
- Vision Board Ideas To Visualize Your Ideal Future (With Examples)
- How To Raise Your Vibration In 30 Seconds (Or Less)
- 11 Beautiful Poetry Books About Self-Love & Acceptance
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.