In this post, discover 40 positive affirmations for overcoming challenges, facing adversity, and walking through hard times with dignity and grace. Use these affirmations to guide you in your journey and help you to find your inner courage during all seasons of your life.
Facing Challenges and Adversity
I use positive affirmations often throughout my daily life, but I’ve found that the times I’ve often needed them the most have been when I’ve been most reluctant to use them. Throughout my journey of cultivating unconditional self-love, I’ve faced a lot of hardships, obstacles, and challenges. Early on, it was tough for me to find positive words during these times. I’d often feel frustrated over what I perceived to be a lack of progress or success.
What I learned was that I couldn’t just use positive affirmations; I had to truly feel them in my bones. So when I woke up telling myself, “I have the tools I need to handle anything that comes my way today,” I needed to truly believe it. And beyond that: I had to live it.
That meant when challenges presented themselves in my daily life, I couldn’t just resort to feeling annoyance or frustration. I had to go back to the empowering words I had recited in my affirmations and know in my heart that I can handle this.
And then, I took it a step further. Because I realized it wasn’t just about “handling” or “getting through” obstacles and roadblocks. And it wasn’t even just about knowing I had the ability to overcome challenges.
It was about believing that these hard times served some kind of purpose and learning the lessons that they offered. I discovered there was beauty to be found in the moments when things didn’t go my way. And I also learned to trust that if things weren’t working out the way I wanted them to, it was often because something better was coming.
To be clear, this doesn’t mean you should engage in toxic positivity. You don’t have to force yourself to pretend that the hardships don’t sometimes hurt. One of the most profound experiences I’ve encountered over the last several years was when I was going through a rough patch, and I found myself crying daily, feeling sad and lost and uncertain about my future. I allowed myself to feel all of that pain, but even in the sadness, I still had deep trust that everything would work out for me. I knew in my heart that I would become stronger for this experience. I gave myself permission to explore the depth of my emotions fully while still knowing that the universe would support me and have my back no matter what.
After walking through that experience with faith and grace, I became a little less afraid of future challenges and roadblocks. I knew that in some way, every experience I encountered was a gift, no matter how heavy the world sometimes felt.
I believe we’re all capable of handling so much more than we realize. You are so much stronger and braver and more powerful than you know. You have the ability to face any obstacle, and you also have the ability to step back and discover how your greatest challenges can often be your greatest gifts.
Below are 40 positive affirmations for overcoming challenges, facing adversity, and walking through hard times with dignity and grace. I hope these affirmations remind you that you are strong, capable, and resilient, and that you are capable of meeting all challenges with faith, courage, and undeniable resilience.
And for some tips on how to get the most out of positive affirmations, be sure to check out my post, How to Use Affirmations (So They Actually Work).
Looking for more positive affirmations? Check out these posts!
- 45 Positive Affirmations for Happiness and True Joy
- 35 New Moon Affirmations to Embrace New Beginnings
- 40 Gratitude Affirmations to Love This Moment Right Now
- 35 Beautiful Affirmations for Peace and Serenity
- 43 Creativity Affirmations to Inspire Your Limitless Imagination
- 42 Body-Positive Affirmations for Total Self-Acceptance
Affirmations for Overcoming Challenges
- I am grateful for adversity because it allows me to grow.
- There is a benefit and an opportunity in every experience I have.
- My strength is greater than any struggle.
- All experiences I encounter shape me to be the highest version of myself.
- I am equipped with all the tools I need to walk through this experience with dignity and grace.
- I trust and believe that everything is always working out for my highest good.
- I cultivate deep courage and compassion within my mind, body, and spirit.
- Everything is unfolding in perfect timing. I release worry and choose to trust.
- I trust that the universe gives me exactly what I need at exactly the right time.
- I am trusting. What’s meant for me is already mine. I am exactly where I’m meant to be.
- My energy is not reserved for worrying. I use my energy to trust, believe, and have faith.
- Even when something doesn’t happen how I wanted, I know I’m on the right path.
- I surrender my resistance and allow the universe to give me what I need.
- I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at obstacles and roadblocks.
- I make the best and most out of everything that comes my way.
- When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I give myself space to stop and breathe.
- I have the strength and resourcefulness to handle anything that comes my way.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless. My potential to succeed is infinite.
- I am unafraid to try and fail. I welcome the growth that comes from these experiences.
- I am able to release negative thoughts and feelings that do not serve me.
- I am willing to believe that things will always work out, even when they don’t feel like it.
- I cannot always control my external world, but I can control my reactions to it.
- I let go of worries that drain my energy.
- Instead of focusing on what’s going wrong, I focus my energy on what’s going right.
- External forces cannot dampen my resilient spirit.
- I trust my inner knowing in the face of uncertainty.
- I may stumble, but I never stay on the ground.
- I may make mistakes, but I don’t quit.
- I am kind and compassionate toward myself when I make a mistake.
- Mistakes do not equal failure.
- Mistakes do not define me. I am allowed the grace of imperfection.
- I am able to find lessons in my losses.
- I use failure as a stepping stone to success.
- All of my problems have solutions.
- Obstacles are the foundation of my success.
- I rise in the face of adversity.
- No matter what happens, I remain aligned with faith, trust, and love.
- The universe always has my back.
- I can do hard things.
- I am resilient.
For more uplifting affirmations and inspiring messages, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every single morning. And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.