In this article, learn how to practice gratitude, with special emphasis on how gratitude can help you in the Law of Attraction as you set out to manifest your dreams and desires. Get powerful methods, tips, and more to help you vibrate at the frequency of sincere gratitude and love (and invite more opportunities for gratitude and love to enter your life) today.
What Is The Law Of Attraction?
The foundation of the Law of Attraction is the idea that the energy you put out into the world is what you get back in return. This is intrinsically tied to the concept of manifestation, which is when you intentionally put out the energy of what you want to receive more of in your life. In manifestation terms, you’ll hear this referred to as vibrating at the frequency of your desires.
For instance, let’s say you want to manifest romantic love. You’re ready to settle down and find that one person you can commit to and share your life with. Before, you might’ve felt like you weren’t truly lovable until you found that person. Essentially, you waited until love appeared in your life before you felt the positive emotions associated with love.
But in manifestation, you don’t wait until your desire appears before you finally start feeling these positive emotions. Instead, you allow yourself to feel these positive emotions right now. How do you imagine feeling when your future partner appears in your life? Will they make you feel loved, treasured, cherished, and adored?
What would happen if you allowed yourself to feel loved, treasured, cherished, and adored right now instead of waiting?
This is the essence of manifestation.
Now, let’s take it a step further. The most profound way to receive more love in your life is to give more love. Walk through your life with an open heart. Express love through your actions. Be the embodiment of love in your words and feelings.
This isn’t limited to manifesting love, though. Do you want to manifest more success? Become the embodiment of success in your everyday world. Do you want to manifest financial wealth? Allow yourself to feel financially wealthy now. Walk into every life experience as though you are pure abundance.
There’s a great quote by an anonymous source that sums up the essence of manifestation and the Law of Attraction perfectly:
“What you think, you create. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you become.”
- You May Also Like: How To Manifest Something: 10 Essential Manifestation Methods
In This Article
- Gratitude & The Law Of Attraction
- How To Practice Gratitude
- Methods For Practicing Gratitude
- Tips For Practicing Gratitude To Manifest Your Desires
Gratitude & The Law Of Attraction
So why is gratitude so important when it comes to the Law of Attraction?
Simply put, gratitude and love are the highest vibrations you can tap into. (Other powerful positive vibrations include joy, empowerment, and freedom.) When you can tap into any of these feelings, you are vibrating at the highest frequencies available to you. Essentially, you become a magnet for experiences that bring you more joy, love, empowerment, freedom, and gratitude. (To learn more about this, check out my article on Abraham Hicks’ Emotional Guidance Scale here.)
But gratitude in particular is especially powerful, and here’s why:
- Gratitude invites an abundance mentality. Through the lens of gratitude, you view your life in terms of all that you have, not all that you lack.
- When you express gratitude for all that you have, you’re essentially saying, “More of this please.” Expressing gratitude for the love that exists in your life invites more love to come forward. Expressing gratitude for the money you possess (even if it’s not a lot by other people’s standards) opens you up to receiving more money. It’s like putting an order into the Universe: “This is what I have that I really appreciate, and I’m open to receiving more of it.”
- Gratitude erases feelings of desperation, frustration, and hopelessness. It can instantly lift you into a higher vibration in a way that most other feelings can’t. (For instance, if you’re feeling frustrated, it’s really hard to tap into joy in that moment. But if you meet your frustration halfway by saying, “I’m frustrated by this experience, but I know there’s still so much in my life to be grateful for,” it becomes a little easier to lift your vibration.)
How To Practice Gratitude
So what are the best methods for practicing gratitude when it comes to the Law of Attraction? There are lots of ways to practice gratitude, but the key to each method is sincerity. You can write down a couple things in your life you feel grateful for each morning, but are you doing it with a sincere heart? Or are you simply writing these things down because it’s what you think you’re “supposed” to do?
One way to help you practice sincere gratitude is to include a “why” statement for each thing you acknowledge. This is helpful because it causes you to truly think about how this thing is making a profound difference in your life.
Here are some examples of how to do this:
- I am grateful for my best friend because she always tells me exactly what I need to hear.
- I am grateful for my home because it offers warmth, protection, and security.
- I am grateful for my strong legs because they allow me to walk, run, hike, dance, and move my body in ways that feel good to me.
Sincerity is the key to practicing gratitude when it comes to the Law of Attraction. Don’t simply acknowledge what you’re grateful for with empty words. Feel the depth of your gratitude deep within. Let it shine from the inside out and blanket every aspect of your being.
- Related: 500 Things To Be Grateful For Today
Methods For Practicing Gratitude
Want to start a meaningful gratitude practice that will help you manifest more incredible people, things, and experiences to be grateful for? Here are some ways you can start:
- Write down one to three things you feel sincerely grateful for each morning.
- Keep a gratitude journal. (In this article, you’ll find 53 gratitude journal prompts to help you discover reasons to be thankful as you cultivate true joy within.)
- Recite positive affirmations based in gratitude.
- Create phone notifications to go off at random times during the day. Each time you see one of these notifications, pause and think about something you feel grateful for in this moment.
- Verbally express gratitude to the people in your life regularly. This includes people you know personally (family, friends, coworkers) as well as other people you interact with (baristas, cashiers, waiters, bank tellers).
Tips For Practicing Gratitude To Manifest Your Desires
Tip #1: Express gratitude for your manifestations before they’ve actually arrived in your present experience
Don’t wait until you’ve received your manifestations to begin feeling grateful for them. Feel grateful for them right now, just as you will on the day they arrive in your outer world.
Why does this work? You may have heard of the phrase, “Live as if.” Manifestation is all about vibrating at the frequency of your desires, and there’s no better way to do that than to live each day as if all of your dreams have already come true.
Feeling gratitude in advance directly correlates with the idea of living as if. If you’re constantly living in lack, waiting for something to happen and focusing on its absence, you disconnect yourself from the experience of having that thing. But when you live as if your dreams have already come true, you feel true gratitude and appreciation for this life of your dreams.
And because of this, you’re no longer searching for that thing out there; it’s within. And when it’s within, you’re directly connected to that thing.
Connect yourself to the life of your dreams by expressing sincere gratitude and appreciation for the abundance that already exists within. When you do this, you become a magnet for everything you could ever dream of (and more).
Tip #2: Express gratitude for challenges, obstacles, and negative experiences
This is where the real magic happens.
These experiences are your opportunities for growth. This is how you build resilience. Every single negative experience is providing you with a lesson you need to hear. Choosing gratitude in these moments is going to help you learn the lesson a lot faster than choosing frustration or anger. Your life will radically transform when you begin to understand how these experiences aren’t happening to you; they’re happening for you. (And the next step? As you become more and more conscious of your thoughts and inner state, experiences begin to happen through you.)
Want to practice this now? Next time you’re driving and have to stop at a red light, inhale deeply and feel grateful for the opportunity to pause. When you’re stuck in a slow-moving line at the grocery store, stand still and allow yourself to feel appreciation for this moment in your life. Find normal, everyday experiences that usually bring you frustration, and consciously choose to feel gratitude instead.
Nothing changes your life more than your perspective. When you consciously shift your perspective and understand the power of your thoughts, you master your inner world.
And when you master your inner world, you master your life.
Do you have any tips for how to practice gratitude in a meaningful and sincere way? How has gratitude helped you manifest your dreams and desires? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below!
And for positive affirmations, self-love tools, manifesting tips, and spiritual resources, be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram. For more resources to help you manifest your dreams, be sure to check out these items in my online shop:
- Dreams, Goals & Manifestation Printables
- The Ultimate Manifestation Workbook
- 30-Day Manifestation Journal
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.