Mindset is key when it comes to working out, and these positive workout affirmations are designed to empower and motivate you before, during, and after your workout! Below, discover 50 positive workout affirmations to affirm your undeniable strength, power, and resilience.
Positive Workout Affirmations
If you’ve ever set out to start a consistent exercise routine, you know that the hardest part of the workout often isn’t physical; it’s your own mental barriers that may hold you back from reaching the success you’re capable of achieving.
I’ve run one full marathon and four half marathons. I’ve hiked thousands of feet of elevation at a time. I’ve lifted weights I didn’t think I could lift, and I’ve stretched and moved my body in ways I didn’t think was possible.
And while clearly, my body played an integral role in achieving these feats, I needed more than just my body to get me through the longest miles and toughest climbs; I needed that voice in my mind repeating over and over again, yes I can.
On the flip side, I’ve also quit runs a mile or two in because my brain just couldn’t get into it, even when I felt rested and strong. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve abandoned sets or skipped stretching, just because I didn’t feel like it.
Know that I’m not judging myself for these moments, because they were all powerful learning experiences. I know that consistency always beats perfection, so I may have some imperfect workouts, but I still always continue to show up for myself.
Mindset is key in all that we do, including working out. If I tell myself that I can’t run one more mile, then that becomes my truth, whether or not my body was actually capable of going farther.
I’ve found that reciting positive affirmations and empowering mantras to myself has been key in harnessing the power of my mindset when I work out. However, what I say to myself before my workout is different than what I say during my workout, and both are different from what I say after my workout.
So I’ve divided the affirmations below into pre-workout, during workout, and post-workout affirmations. The pre-workout affirmations are designed to empower you to show up and choose to exercise from a place of self-love and self-respect. The post-workout affirmations are to help you affirm that you absolutely did enough, no matter what, and also to gently remind you to prioritize rest and recovery.
You’ll notice that the affirmations that are designed for you to recite during your workout are a little shorter, and that’s because I’ve found that when I’m exercising, I tend be more motivated by short and punchy phrases than long sentences. They’re a lot easier to remember, too!
I encourage you to use these positive workout affirmations from a place of total love for yourself, knowing you are strong, powerful, and more than enough.
A Quick Note
Please know that the words above and the affirmations below are not meant to guilt you into working out, ESPECIALLY if your body is tired and needs rest and recovery time.
One of the affirmations in the pre-workout affirmations list is, “I love to take care of myself and treat my body with the love it deserves.”
This doesn’t solely apply to exercising, though. Taking care of your body and treating it with the love it deserves also means taking days off, getting enough sleep, and sometimes replacing your arduous workout with more gentle movement that feels good to you.
Honor your body by listening to it and giving it the care it needs. From my own personal experience, it has proven to be far more productive for me to rest when I need it than to try to push through the exhaustion at my own expense.
If you’ve already carved out time to workout but know that you need to rest, I wholeheartedly recommend using the time to do a loving self-care practice that will realign the energy of your mind, body, and spirit. Check out this post for 7 meditation practices for beginners, with tips on how to meditate. In this post, learn powerful practices for using affirmation cards to serve your total wellbeing. And here, learn how mala beads can be used in meditation, manifestation, and gratitude practices.
- I honor my body by moving it in ways that feel good to me.
- My body craves exercise, and I give it what it wants.
- I am brimming with abundant energy and infinite vitality.
- I am worth the energy I dedicate to myself.
- Everything I put out, I gain back tenfold.
- I choose to be my own priority.
- Healthy living is a choice I make for my total wellbeing.
- I take care of my future by taking care of the present moment.
- I’m showing up for myself today, no matter what.
- I don’t have to be perfect; I just have to show up.
- I exercise because I love my body.
- I am so grateful for my resilient spirit that keeps going no matter what.
- I know that when I’m done, I’ll be so glad I started.
- I love to take care of myself and treat my body with the love it deserves.
- My body is capable of more than I can even imagine.
- I am filled with energy, passion, and vitality.
- Abundant energy flows freely to and through me.
- I am strong.
- I am powerful.
- I am resilient.
- I am incredible.
- I am pure magic.
- I’ve got this.
- I can do anything.
- I can achieve anything I want.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- There is nothing I can’t achieve.
- Strong is who I am.
- I can do hard things.
- When I show up, magic happens.
- I am worth it.
- I’m a powerful being and I can do anything I want.
- I can succeed. I will succeed.
- I can and I will.
- Yes, I can.
- Every step I took today made me stronger, tougher, and more resilient.
- I did enough.
- Even if it wasn’t perfect, it was enough.
- I give my body the rest and recovery it needs.
- I give myself permission to rest.
- I fuel my body with the healthy nutrients it needs to recover.
- I feel healthy, strong, and invigorated.
- Every day, I get stronger.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I am so grateful for my healthy body that gets stronger every day.
- I love this resilient heart of mine.
- I love my incredible body.
- I am beautiful. I am incredible. I am whole.
- I am so grateful that I showed up for myself today.
- I love myself fully, completely, and unconditionally. Always.
Are you looking for more empowering affirmations? Be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every single morning! And hop on over to Pinterest where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day!
- You Might Also Like: 52 Uplifting Affirmations for Self-Confidence