You are a talented and prolific creator, and you deserve to life a life of infinite joy and abundant creativity. In this article, discover 43 creativity affirmations to uplift your spirit and inspire your imagination.
A Creative Life
For as long as I can remember, creativity has played a central role in my life.
Growing up, I lived in my imagination.
And as a kid, using my imagination to create something that felt real was effortless. I never had to force new and inspired ideas to come to me; they just came when I called them.
I didn’t view the world in terms of limits. I viewed it in terms of possibilities.
Slowly, though, as I grew older and became an adult with real-world problems and real-world responsibilities, I began to lose touch with my imagination. While I’d still write and seek other creative outlets, my goal was never to create just for the sake of exploring the worlds that existed within me.
For many years, I created to make something subjectively good and acceptable.
And without fully realizing it, I had fallen victim to a number of limiting beliefs.
Here were some of those beliefs:
- That my creativity was limited
- That my creativity was only worthwhile if it was subjectively good and pleasing to others
- That “bad” creativity was not worthwhile
- That there was a limited amount of creative ideas within me
- That creativity was supposed to be hard
- That there are people who are just more talented than me, and thus, their creative endeavors are more worthwhile than mine.
I think it’s funny how we believe that “growing up” automatically makes us smarter and wiser. When it comes to creativity and using our imaginations, I think the opposite is often true. It’s our younger selves who hold the wisdom here.
I know that for me, it’s my younger self who I’ve been returning to over and over again to relearn how to use my imagination and create just for the joy of it and give myself the grace of imperfection.
I don’t have the space here in this blog post to tell you about the journey I’ve taken to release these limiting beliefs and realign with my inner child, but I can share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned along the way:
- You have access to an infinite abundance of inspired ideas and limitless creativity
- Your creativity is worthwhile, no matter what others may think
- You are a creative being, and it is right for you to create
- You are good enough
- Your creativity can’t and shouldn’t be compared to others
- Spending time in your own imagination is just as productive and worthwhile as all the chores and errands written down on your to-do list.
Below, you’ll find 43 affirmations to inspire your divine creativity. Use these affirmations when you’re in a flow state to remain open to the flow of your infinite creativity, and recite them when you’re feeling blocked to realign with your creative self.
Additionally, I’ve included some tips that have helped me to open myself up to my inner creative and release blockages when they arise.
- You Might Also Like: 50 Inspiring Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery
Tips to Inspire Creativity
If you’re anything like me, if you worked on a single project until it was perfect, you’d be working on it forever.
But there comes a time when you have to let something go and know that what you’ve done is enough.
I’ll even take this one step further and say that not only should you release perfectionism, but there’s something kind of wonderful about embracing imperfections. There’s beauty to be found in the broken, flawed, and imperfect pieces we create.
Not while you’re creating, at least. If you’re in that really cool, really special flow state, editing is one of the fastest ways to break the flow. Save editing for the end. When you do this, you’ll often be surprised by what you come up with.
Let Yourself Be Bad
This goes hand-in-hand with Don’t Edit. If you only create when you know you can produce something subjectively good, you’re unconsciously building blockages for yourself. But when you embrace all the flaws and imperfections of your creation, the “bad” often leads to something kind of awesome and wonderful. (There may even be moments when you step back to look at what you’ve made and think—did I actually do that?)
Try Something New
Writing is my creative outlet of choice, but sometimes, I need a break after writing for hours every single day. Letting myself paint, draw, color, and find other creative practices is like a sigh of relief for my soul. It replenishes my creative energy and never fails to produce new writing ideas I wouldn’t have thought of without these other outlets.
Put Away Your Phone
This is something I’ve had to learn to do, as I found that whenever I paused for a moment while I was writing, I’d instinctively reach for my phone. Now, I try to dedicate time purely to creating without any external distractions. This has vastly improved my creative flow, and I’ll admit, it’s kind of nice not to have my phone in my peripheral vision all the time.
Heal Your Chakras
Located in your lower abdomen, below the navel, the Sacral Chakra is your body’s energy center for creativity, joy, passion, and play. And the Third Eye Chakra, located between your eyebrows, is your body’s energy center for insight, intuition, and imagination. When these energy centers are open and balanced, you become aligned with your most creative and inspired self.
- You Might Also Like: 55 I AM Affirmations For Love, Success, and Abundance
- I am a creative being.
- Limitless creativity is always at my fingertips.
- I am filled with inspired ideas and unlimited creativity.
- New and inspired ideas flow to and through me.
- I am open to the flow of creativity.
- I am creative, passionate, and inspired.
- I live a creative, vibrant, passionate life.
- My divine creativity knows no limits.
- I find new ways to express my creativity.
- I am connected to an endless source of innovation, inspiration, and creativity.
- I am insightful, intuitive, and imaginative.
- I possess a brilliant, bold, and creative mind.
- My imagination is vast, expansive, and endless.
- My limitless imagination excites me.
- I embrace creative and imaginative thinking.
- I allow myself to dream beyond the confines of my physical reality.
- I have unobscured access to an infinite pool of creative ideas.
- There is no limit to what my mind can create.
- My mind is buzzing with new and exciting ideas.
- I am excited to create.
- I create from a beautiful state of effortless flow.
- My endless creativity and incredible imagination bring me so much joy.
- I am meant to live a creative life.
- I make space in my life to explore my creativity.
- I possess beautiful treasures deep within to discover and explore.
- I am destined to create great things.
- No idea is ever too big for me to create.
- I embrace my own greatness.
- I am a talented and prolific creator.
- I am worthy of creating incredible things.
- My creativity brings me deep and infinite joy.
- I choose to create something beautiful, just for me.
- My creativity does not have to be productive.
- Exploring my limitless imagination is always worthwhile.
- I release all blockages that obscure access to my creativity.
- I release any and all limiting beliefs about my ability to create.
- My creativity is always inspired and never forced.
- I create from a beautiful and joyful flow state.
- My creative endeavors are meaningful and valued.
- My creativity inspires others.
- I am a powerful creator.
- I am grateful for my vivid imagination and creative mind.
- Anything I can imagine, I can create.
What are your favorite creative practices? What helps you get into a flow state? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below!
And for more resources on spirituality, meditation, manifestation, and all things self-love, be sure to connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, where I’m posting positive affirmations and empowering messages daily.
More Posts For You
- Vision Board Ideas To Visualize Your Ideal Future (With Examples)
- 9 Powerful Guided Meditations For Manifesting Your Dreams
- 30 Journal Prompts For Self Growth (& Deeper Self-Love)
- Morning Routine Checklist For Manifestation (Free PDF Template)
- Law Of Attraction Scripting Template (Free PDF Template)
Zanna Keithley is an author, poet, and social media content creator who writes short prose dedicated to inspiring readers to follow their dreams, trust their intuition, and create beautiful and fulfilling lives. You can find her original writing on Instagram @zannakeithley.