You are a talented and prolific creator, and you deserve to life a life of infinite joy and abundant creativity. In this post, discover 43 creativity affirmations to open yourself up to the effortless flow of inspired ideas and limitless creativity!
A Creative Life
For as long as I can remember, creativity has been a central part of my life. Growing up, I lived in my imagination. I started writing short stories when I was seven, and some of my earliest writing memories were creating my own “deleted scenes” to my then all-time favorite movie: Spice World.
When I was younger, creativity and using my imagination to dream beyond the confines of my physical reality felt so easy. I never had to force new and inspired ideas to come to me; they just came when I called them. There were no limits to what I could dream of and create.
As I got older, I began to lose touch with the girl who had access to infinite creativity. While I’d still write and draw and seek new creative outlets, I began to let limiting beliefs sink into my consciousness.
Here are some of those limiting beliefs:
- That my creativity was limited.
- That my creativity was only worthwhile if it was subjectively good and pleasing to others.
- That “bad” creativity was not worthwhile.
- That there was a limited amount of creative ideas within me.
- That creativity is hard.
- That there are people who are just more talented than me, and thus, their creative endeavors are more worthwhile than mine.
Do any of these ring true for you?
It’s been a long but worthwhile journey to release these limiting beliefs and realign with my younger self – the girl who knew that she could change the world with her imagination.
This is what I now know is true, not just for me, but for you, too:
- You have access to an infinite abundance of inspired ideas and limitless creativity.
- Your creativity is worthwhile, no matter what others may think.
- You are a creative being, and it is right for you to create.
- You are good enough.
- Anything you can imagine, you can create.
- You are limitless.
Below, I’ve written 43 affirmations to inspire your divine creativity. Use these affirmations when you’re in a flow state to remain open to the flow of your infinite creativity, and use them when you’re feeling blocked to realign with your truths. For more information on how to use affirmations to get the most out of them, check out my post, How to Use Affirmations (So They Actually Work).
But before we get to the affirmations, I’ve written a few tips that have helped me to open myself up to my inner creative and release blockages when they arise.
- You Might Also Like: 53 Gratitude Journal Prompts to Inspire Joy Within
Tips to Inspire Creativity
Perfectionism is the enemy of all creative endeavors. For many of us, if we worked on a single project until it was perfect, we’d be working on it forever. There comes a time when we have to let something go and know that what we’ve done is enough. I’ll even take this one step further and say that not only should you release perfectionism, but there’s something kind of wonderful about embracing imperfections. There’s beauty to be found in the broken, flawed, and imperfect pieces we create.
Not while you’re creating, at least. If you’re in the flow of creativity, editing is one of the fastest ways to break the flow. Save editing for the end. When you do this, you’ll often be surprised by what you come up with.
Let Yourself Be Bad
This goes with Don’t Edit. If you only create when you know you can produce something subjectively good, you’re unconsciously building blockages for yourself. But when you embrace all the ups and downs of your creation, the “bad” often leads to something wonderful.
Try Something New
Writing is my creative outlet of choice, but sometimes, I need a break after writing for hours every single day. Letting myself paint, draw, color, and find other creative practices is like a sigh of relief for my soul. It replenishes my creative energy and never fails to produce new writing ideas I wouldn’t have thought of without these other outlets.
Put Away Your Phone
This is something I’ve had to learn to do, as I found that anytime I paused for a moment while I was writing, I’d instinctively reach for my phone. Now, I try to dedicate time purely to creating without any external distractions. This has vastly improved my creative flow, and I’ll admit, it’s kind of nice not to have my phone in my peripheral vision all the time.
Heal Your Chakras
Located in your lower abdomen, below the navel, the Sacral Chakra is your body’s energy center for creativity, joy, passion, and play. And the Third Eye Chakra, located between your eyebrows, is your body’s energy center for insight, intuition, and imagination. When these energy centers are open and balanced, you are aligned with your most creative and inspired self. Click on either link above to learn more about these powerful energy centers.
- You Might Also Like: 52 Uplifting Affirmations for Self-Confidence
- I am a creative being.
- Limitless creativity is always at my fingertips.
- I am filled with inspired ideas and unlimited creativity.
- New and inspired ideas flow to and through me.
- I am open to the flow of creativity.
- I am creative, passionate, and inspired.
- I live a creative, vibrant, passionate life.
- My divine creativity knows no limits.
- I find new ways to express my creativity.
- I am connected to an endless source of innovation, inspiration, and creativity.
- I am insightful, intuitive, and imaginative.
- I possess a brilliant, bold, and creative mind.
- My imagination is vast, expansive, and endless.
- My limitless imagination excites me.
- I embrace creative and imaginative thinking.
- I allow myself to dream beyond the confines of my physical reality.
- I have unobscured access to an infinite pool of creative ideas.
- There is no limit to what my mind can create.
- My mind is buzzing with new and exciting ideas.
- I am excited to create.
- I create from a beautiful state of effortless flow.
- My endless creativity and incredible imagination bring me so much joy.
- I am meant to live a creative life.
- I make space in my life to explore my creativity.
- I possess beautiful treasures deep within to discover and explore.
- I am destined to create great things.
- No idea is ever too big for me to create.
- I embrace my own greatness.
- I am a talented and prolific creator.
- I am worthy of creating incredible things.
- My creativity brings me deep and infinite joy.
- I choose to create something beautiful, just for me.
- My creativity does not have to be productive.
- Exploring my limitless imagination is always worthwhile.
- I release all blockages that obscure access to my creativity.
- I release any and all limiting beliefs about my ability to create.
- My creativity is always inspired and never forced.
- I create from a beautiful and joyful flow state.
- My creative endeavors are meaningful and valued.
- My creativity inspires others.
- I am a powerful creator.
- I am grateful for my vivid imagination and creative mind.
- Anything I can imagine, I can create.
Affirmation Cards to Save & Share
Are you looking for more uplifting affirmations? Be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post daily affirmation stories every single morning! And hop on over to Pinterest where I’m pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day!
- You Might Also Like: 65 Empowering Affirmations for a Success Mindset
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.