In this article, discover 35 empowering affirmations for self-belief and self-confidence. Use these affirmations to guide you in your journey and help you to embrace your undeniable and infinite worthiness.
What Are Affirmations?
Chances are, even if you’ve never practiced using positive affirmations, you’ve encountered them in some form of media – maybe when you were scrolling through your Instagram or Pinterest feeds or reading a book dedicated to self-development and personal growth.
The word “affirmation” gets used frequently in popular media, so it’s important to take a moment to break it down and truly understand what it means.
So then – what exactly is an affirmation?
An affirmation is any type of declarative statement that you say or think and are essentially affirming to be true.
So if you state, “This traffic is making me miserable,” or “This person is driving me crazy,” those are declarations that you’re affirming to be true, even if you don’t actually want to be miserable or crazy.
Most of the time, though, when we talk about affirmations, we’re referring to positive affirmations.
A positive affirmation is a positive affirming statement that’s designed to boost your self-belief and support your overall well-being: mind, body, and soul.
Affirmations can be used proactively or reactively. You might have a list of positive affirmations that you repeat while you get ready in the morning to set the foundation for a good day.
You might also use affirmations when you’re starting to feel negative and pessimistic in order to let go of your heavy energy and realign with what matters most to you.
However you use them, affirmations can be a powerful tool in helping you to love, embrace, and accept yourself exactly as you are right now.
Why Use Affirmations?
You know how eating a sugary treat lights up the reward circuits in your brain? Well, using positive affirmations activates these circuits, too, which can ultimately help in lessening pain and keeping your cool when things go wrong.
Using positive affirmations can also decrease stress. Stress has been known to increase one’s likelihood of depression and can result in digestive issues and sleep problems, among other long-term side effects.
Furthermore, the use of affirmations can help to increase your problem-solving abilities when under pressure.
Personally, I use empowering affirmations because they make me feel good. They’ve also been a way for me to take back my story and become the conscious creator of my own life.
For years, my brain’s default setting was pointed toward negativity when it came to how I viewed myself. It wasn’t that I inherently disliked myself; it’s just that I tended to believe the worst rather than the best.
Whenever I entered a room full of people, I assumed they would all immediately shun me. I told myself the story that I was never good enough. Never pretty enough. Never outgoing enough. Instead of focusing on the positive, my mind amplified the negative (and often believed things that weren’t even true).
I’ve known about affirmations for years, but I’d never actually opened myself up to accepting them into my life until I began meditating regularly. Actually, the oldest email in my inbox is from October 15, 2014, and it’s called, “Body Affirmations.” It’s a list of 100 affirmations that I’d copied from an article I’d found online and emailed to myself.
Do you know how many times in the following two or three years I opened up that email?
Despite this, every time I went to clean out my inbox, I’d see that one email sitting there at the bottom and think, “Maybe I’ll want it one day.” I think I knew deep down that I wanted to carry these affirmations with me in my life, but my brain hadn’t quite caught up to my heart yet. And that’s okay. Everything unfolds exactly as it’s supposed to, and I’m grateful for my former self for holding onto these empowering words, even though she wasn’t quite ready for them yet.
These days, I don’t just accept affirmations into my life; I embrace them wholeheartedly.
As I mentioned above, they’ve allowed me to take back my story. I now create my life through the thoughts I consciously choose to magnify and give a voice to.
And because affirmations have played such a positive and important role in my journey, I want to share them with as many people as I can reach so that you can also begin to own your story and create the life that feels good to you.
Which Affirmations Should I Use?
The key with affirmations is that you want to find the ones that resonate with you and that you can truly believe. If you don’t believe the affirmation, then you may end up feeling worse about yourself (because subconsciously, your inner bully is saying a big fat, “Yeah right!”). We don’t want that!
If you want to believe an affirmation but find yourself feeling blocked from truly getting there, don’t stress. View your journey like you’re climbing a ladder, and with each rung, you’re steadily getting to that feel-good place you desire.
For instance, if body love is your goal, you may not really believe yourself if you try to affirm, “I love everything about my body.” Instead, start with, “I am open to loving my body and seeing it for all of its beauty.”
You might also be okay with saying, “My body is deserving of love.” You could also find specific areas of your body that you do really like, such as your smile. Or you can focus on all the ways your body shows up for you, even emphasizing something as seemingly simple as the fact that it keeps you alive.
Find the words that allow you to really feel good, and keep your focus on the positive emotions associated with these empowering words as you climb up that ladder.
With any of the affirmations below, if it doesn’t feel right, feel free to modify it so that it feels good for you. Focus on the ones that resonate with you the most. You will always know whether something is right for you by the way it feels.
35 Empowering Affirmations for Self-Belief
- I am worthy.
- I am whole.
- I am enough, just as I am.
- I am resilient.
- I am courageous.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I deserve to live the life of my dreams.
- I fully embrace and love who I am, even as I continue to evolve.
- I am worthy of respect and acceptance from myself and others.
- I am in charge of my life and the only one who can dictate my path.
- I am competent, capable, and strong.
- I believe in myself and my ability to succeed.
- I have what it takes to be successful in all that I do.
- I have the strength and resourcefulness to handle anything that comes my way.
- I achieve my goals. I overcome my challenges. I live with passion.
- I release the storylines holding me back. I can do anything.
- All that I need to live the life of my dreams is inside of me.
- Everything I’m looking for I can find within me.
- There is no limit to what I can achieve.
- My strength is greater than any struggle.
- I confidently and fearlessly believe in myself.
- My mindset is always geared toward positivity and success.
- I define success on my own terms.
- Success begins with mindset, and I always choose to think positively.
- I can accomplish anything I focus on.
- I am the only one who can determine my self-worth.
- I have the power to make an impact on the world.
- I have the power to change my story.
- I can do hard things.
- I fully accept myself as I am.
- I am perfect, whole, and complete.
- My presence is delightful to others.
- My life is filled with magic.
- My very existence makes this world a better place.
What are your favorite affirmations for self-belief and self-confidence? Do you have a favorite way to incorporate affirmations into your life throughout the day? Share your tips and experiences in the comment box below!
And for more resources on spirituality, meditation, manifestation, and all things self-love, be sure to connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, where I’m posting positive affirmations and empowering messages daily.
More Articles You May Like
- How To Use Affirmation Cards (A Complete Guide)
- Vision Board Ideas To Visualize Your Ideal Future (With Examples)
- 9 Powerful Guided Meditations For Manifesting Your Dreams
- 30 Journal Prompts For Self Growth (& Deeper Self-Love)
- 11 Beautiful Poetry Books About Self-Love & Acceptance
Hi, I’m Zanna! I’m a blogger/freelance writer living in Boise, Idaho. My mission is to help you break through the barriers holding you back from accessing infinite abundance and to inspire you to gather the courage and confidence to follow your dreams.